Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10 Bluetooth Connection Issues

(Topic created on: 25-10-2019 10:44 AM)
Davej3
Apprentice
Options

Recently upgraded from a GS9 plus to Note 10 plus. Old phone would pair every time with no issue with Bluetooth devices, N10 connects with Bluetooth earphones but am experiencing serious issues with connection being dropped with my car (2018 Peugeot 2008) many times. Eventually connection will remain but still have GS9 without problem so presume it is specific to N10? Anyone else got problems?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I personally have not connected my N10+ 5G with a car but it's fine with the other Bluetooth Devices I've paired to.

Are you able to Google Search for a community forum of people who use your make and even model of your car and ask  and search there too as someone may have found the same issues or even found a workaround @Davej3 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
DaveB
Journeyman
Options

I had the same issue pairing to my car when Samsung rolled out One UI. No problems before the update. Samsung were not very good in fixing the issue. A customer submitted a work around. Go in to Developer Options in settings and change Bluetooth PBAP Version to 1.1 from 1.2. It worked for me and now no issues. Otherwise search 'Bluetooth Issues One UI' on Community and you'll see the original post. Hope this helps and good luck

Davej3
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the suggestion. When I search for "Developer options" only results returned are "Log Output level", "Show TTS output" or "Node tree debugging"? No mention of Bluetooth. Searching for bluetooth doesn't return any options along the lines you have suggested. The bug is problematic as sometimes I need to repeatedly attempt to pair before I get a permanent connection and other times it will connect without intervention. (I have a Gear S3 Frontier which is always paired, so bluetooth would "appear" to be operating fine)?

0 Likes
DaveB
Journeyman
Options
Ah! Lol, you need to unlock Developer Options from the menu. Do this, open Settings, scroll down to Software Information and tap on ' About Phone'. Locate 'Build Number' and tap on it 7 times to enable Developer Options. Then change PBAP setting. Go in your car and unpair your phone and set it up again. Then you should have no issues.
Davej3
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. Think that may have sorted the problem? Peugeot Tech Support have requested that I install a firmware upgrade so will do a bit of analysis to see if the car will connect with PBAP 1.2 or 1.2 will now work. 👍
0 Likes