Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10+ 5G fingerprint issue

(Topic created on: 30-03-2020 09:32 AM)
Wrighty74
Student
Options

My note 10 fingerprint sensor is not working. When I try to set it up I get a message

Attention 

An error has occurred with the fingerprint sensor. If this message appears repeatedly, restart your phone.

I have restarted the phone many times and I still get the same error message. I have factory reset the phone several times with no luck still doesn't work

I have also done *#0*#  and in that menu system  I have tried to run the fingerprint test but it says Version : null , there is no Version number.

Anyone know what I can do to fix thisScreenshot_20200329-154209_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200329-154305_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200329-154323_HwModuleTest.jpg

Screenshot_20200329-154329_HwModuleTest.jpg

Screenshot_20200329-154339_HwModuleTest.jpg

Screenshot_20200329-154348_HwModuleTest.jpg

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Usually deleting the fingerprints sorts out many issues.

If you put the phone in Safe Mode does this change anything ?

The fact that you have performed a Factory Reset and this has still not resolved the issue possibly points towards a hardware or software problem that a Samsung Engineer needs to look at but at present the Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centres are currently temporarily closed due to COVID-19.

As you can access your phone via alternative methods I'd put this on the back burner until the Stores start opening again.

Who knows it may self resolve.

Check for any software updates.

You can also send error reports and feedback via the Samsung Members App and they maybe able to help and guide you @Wrighty74 

I assume the phone has not been dropped and none of the water indicators have not been tripped as this would invalidate warranty.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Stay Safe.   🌈

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Wrighty74
Student
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

The fact that you have performed a Factory Reset and this has still not resolved the issue possibly points towards a hardware or software problem that a Samsung Engineer needs to look at but at present the Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centres are currently temporarily closed due to COVID-19.

As you can access your phone via alternative methods I'd put this on the back burner until the Stores start opening again.

You can also send error reports and feedback via the Samsung Members App and they maybe able to help and guide you @Wrighty74 

I assume the phone has not been dropped and none of the water indicators have not been tripped as this would invalidate warranty.

Stay Safe.   🌈

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Stay Safe.   🌈

Hi @BandOfBrother thanks for the information. 

I have tried safe mode that also didn't fix anything. I have also checked for water damage and there hasnt been any.

Also I have never dropped the phone. Hopefully a sofware update will fix the issue. If not i will have to send it off to be looked at when things get back to normal. 

Regards

@wrighty74