Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laggy OneUI 2 with Exynos

(Topic created on: 24-01-2020 11:47 PM)
salmiakki
Apprentice
Options

A few days ago I got my new Note10+ and as always I moved everything to it from my old S9, then updated the phone to the latest software version. I'm not sure how was it before, but this phone is lags as hell in the UI, like when swiping through the app drawer or the app switching screen. 

I've tried wiping the partition cache, re-installing the phone, playing with the animation speed, but the only way I was able to get rid of the lag is starting it in safe mode, then it runs nice and smooth.

Is there anyone else who has the same issue? Did you manage to solve it somehow? I'm out of ideas and very dissapointed about this phone so far. 

Screenshot_20200125-003726_Settings.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
salmiakki
Apprentice
Options

I FOUND THE ROOT-CAUSE!

All the issues were caused by the Dashlane app (password manager) After uninstallig it, everything runs nice and smooth.

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If it's working Ok in safe mode @salmiakki  then that can possibly point to a downloaded app(s) that have not yet been optimised for the new software.

Try looking in your Playstore to see if there are any updates.

Unfortunately it's going to be a case of trial and error to find out if one or more of your apps are not optimised yet by uninstalling each one in turn.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@salmiakki wrote:

I've tried wiping the partition cache, re-installing the phone, playing with the animation speed, but the only way I was able to get rid of the lag is starting it in safe mode, then it runs nice and smooth.

As @BandOfBrothers said if it runs better in safe mode it's another app. Let it run in normal mode after charging for some time. Have a look at Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery > Power Consumption. It shows the apps in the order of consumed power since the last charge. Perhaps the app that does the mischief is among those on top.

0 Likes
salmiakki
Apprentice
Options

How can an app thats not even running slow down the system UI this much? Makes no sense to me, especially since I can't see anything abnormal in the battery usage. By the way, is it normal that my phone loses 20-30% battery over night sitting on my desk? I have bluetooth, wifi, 4g, nfc turned on, but still, same usage as my s9 and that phone had no issue with it. 

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@salmiakki wrote:

How can an app thats not even running slow down the system UI this much?

For example by locking ressources.

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@salmiakki wrote:

especially since I can't see anything abnormal in the battery usage. By the way, is it normal that my phone loses 20-30% battery over night sitting on my desk?

So the battery usage in device management doesn't show apps using power ?

0 Likes
salmiakki
Apprentice
Options

It does, but only those I really use and max 3-4% (except Chrome, thats 6%), the rest is well below 1%

battery.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
salmiakki
Apprentice
Options

I FOUND THE ROOT-CAUSE!

All the issues were caused by the Dashlane app (password manager) After uninstallig it, everything runs nice and smooth.

IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@salmiakki wrote:

I FOUND THE ROOT-CAUSE!

Congratulations ! Have a nice weekend !

0 Likes