Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Secure Folder

(Topic created on: 22-12-2019 10:13 AM)
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

It seems that Secure Folder is separate and apart from the 'phone'.

Let me explain.  If I have Secure Folder selected from the pull down Quick Panel, I will receive separate updates just for Secure Folder. 

If I access apps that are already opened, say, Google, by swiping from a One Hand Operation+ handle, every other time I'll see Secure Folder pop up instead of Google.  I assume this is because 'Google' exists also within Secure Folder since Samsung looks at Secure Folder as a separate entity.

In order for me not to see Secure Folder pop up, when I simply wanted to access Google by swiping a One Hand Operation+ handle, I now have deselected it from that pull down Quick Panel.

Also, while I'm going on about Secure Folder, it would be great if it were automatically included in Back Up.  I learned the hard way that even if Secure Folder is activated and selected, it won't be part of a 'normal' back up; to have Secure Folder backed up, one must first open Secure Folder and backup from within Secure Folder.

I'm sure there are reasons for this just as I'm sure I will be continually annoyed by this.

Thanks, Dave Horne   Note 10+, One UI 1.5, Android version 9

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I have a work around to prevent Secure Folder from popping up when accessing Google (using the One Hand Operation + handle) .

I went to Settings \ Apps \ App permissions - located in the three dots \ Location \ scrolled down to Google where there were two Google icons, one was for the Secure Folder.

I simply deactived Location for that Google icon linked to the Secure Folder.

So, now I can keep Secure Folder activated and not not have it pop up annoyingly.

Watch4 Classic
0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

It seems I was wrong about this 'solution' as the issue persists.

I will deselect Secure Folder from the Quick Access drop down panel and apologize for wasting everyone's time.

Watch4 Classic
0 Likes