Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Is this EP-TA800 25W charger fake?

(Topic created on: 04-12-2019 08:38 PM)
JChris
Student
Options

I bought this EP-TA800 25W charger from Amazon and it came without the original package, instead it came with what seems like a OEM package, but the page didn't say a thing it was OEM. I'm a little bit suspicious it's fake, everything seems fine (the phone identify it and fast charge), but the USB-C cable (EP-DA705BBEGWW) that came with it as it says "MA03D CHINA" on one end of the UCB-C metal.

Photos here: https://imgur.com/a/3LTCWnf

IS IT FAKE?

If you have the same model, please post photos of yours.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
commedeschatons
First Poster
Options

that is an original charger and original cable. u have nothing to worry about.

the country and lot code are etched into all samsung cables, on past models, these were etched into the USB-A end. they make phones in china and vietnam so they make accessories in both these countries too. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Mines slightly different @JChris  because I'm in the UK.

Mine came with my Note 10+ 5G.

I'm always slightly dubious from buying things like this from Amazon or Ebay as there are many fakes around. This is why I only buy from Samsung.

Let the official Team here take a look and or visit a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre or use your countries Samsung Customer Support.

20191205_052649.jpg

20191205_052653.jpg

20191205_052727.jpg

20191205_052734.jpg

20191205_052741.jpg

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Solution
commedeschatons
First Poster
Options

that is an original charger and original cable. u have nothing to worry about.

the country and lot code are etched into all samsung cables, on past models, these were etched into the USB-A end. they make phones in china and vietnam so they make accessories in both these countries too. 

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Yep, just as a confirmation from someone at Samsung, that does indeed look like a genuine Samsung charger and cable. Nothing to worry about here!

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
FelimDoyle
Explorer
Options

Is there a facility on the Samsung website to verify a product serial number? It would be very useful for checking the authenticity of parts and accessories.

It is a shame that there are so many potentially dangerous fake Samsung products for sale but I suppose that “imitation is the sincerest form of flattery”.

Mihiranga
First Poster
Options

Does something move inside the charger when you shake it?

0 Likes