Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gps on note 10

(Topic created on: 24-09-2019 09:14 AM)
Homer1
First Poster
Options

My GPS signal keeps dropping out. When using Google maps or Waze it drops out so much I might as well buy an A to Z. Is this a common fault or just me?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Urrl
Explorer
Options
My Google maps app works fine. Could be your location. Try using someone else's phone to see if it is.
J23
First Poster
Options

Just  back from a trip across europe 2k miles and using Tomtom app with my note10+ without problems.

0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options
Check if you are using optimized or high performance.
I believe features like connexions/gps etc drop when you are using low performance.

GPs works fine for me with optimized setting.
0 Likes
Imam_77
Apprentice
Options

Try calibrating your compass it might help.  Press your blue dot in the map. A dot which is your location where you are right now. Then a small window pops up and under in the corner theres "calibrate your compass" and finish it by doing the same as it is saying.

0 Likes
Oceans8
Journeyman
Options
I have noticed that the GPS drops out a lot when using Google maps (satnav).

Driving from London to Shrewsbury and back again, it happened on a regular basis. I had the S8 before for 3 years and it hardley ever lost GPS only in very remote areas, but the Note 10+ seems to lose it ever few miles and when i got back into London it was constant.

I didn't pay too miuch mind thinking that it was just poor area signal but whilst browsing on Instagram, I saw another person had the same issue. We had a chat and it seems she had taken it back to a Samsung and with lots of back and forth, a work around was to to disable 5G and just use 3g/4g which seems to do the trick.
Not great for a flagship phone.
0 Likes
tigerwon
First Poster
Options

How did you disable 5g? 

0 Likes