Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy note 10 plus, random restarts plus gpu crashing and restarting

(Topic created on: 21-10-2019 05:45 PM)
Notdanwhite
Apprentice
Options

Been with my note 10 plus since launch, ever since it's randomly restarted now and again, screen would freeze then reboot after a few seconds. This was an actual issue at one point I know with the camera app being unstable, but it will happen now on any app. I've deleted sys cache, factory reset (complete wipe) and this is still an issue. Plus I'm on the latest firmware.

I am also having issues with gaming where the game will freeze (sound sticks on a single note) and sometimes the screen will show green effect broken lines (like a damages screen, but intact just gpu error). I'd say it's overheating, maybe? It will stay like this for a few seconds then reset, or just stay on this and I will have to manually reboot the device holding vol down and power button. I've  been able to reduce this effect by running lowest graphics on games such as cod, Minecraft, etc. But surely such a powerhouse could play better than this? This happens without a case, by the way. 

Is this just happening to me? Is there a way of solving this? Want to figure out if this is in fact a device fault, software problem or I've got a rotten egg of a phone and need to replace.

Thank you in advance for any information provided :smiling-face:

9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not good @Notdanwhite 

The phone has more than enough under the hood to deal with most games etc.

If you put the phone in Safe Mode which disables the downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working what happens then ?

If it's continuing then if this was my phone I would seek hands on support from a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AgustinCor
First Poster
Options

Same Here,

and when it restarts, its get stuck in the Samsung Note10+ boot screen. Have to force restart maybe 5, 6 times (vol down + power button) to start the phone. Sometimes do not start so i leave it there and wait like 2 hours for start trying again forcing the restart.

Have a solution? i was waiting for a new update, already updated but still the same issue.

top right noise.- Phone its frozentop right noise.- Phone its frozenfew secs after that state, phone restart and stuck with black screen or stuck at Samsung logofew secs after that state, phone restart and stuck with black screen or stuck at Samsung logotop left noise.- Phone its frozentop left noise.- Phone its frozen

0 Likes
Imdaniel
First Poster
Options

Original poster here. Yeah. What yours is doing is what mine will do but on heavy processing things like games, and normal Facebook etc it'll just freeze and reboot. I've had it stick on boot screen previously. I used to hold power and vol down to hard reboot and that would fix it. Still haven't solved the problem. I found when having no case on the phone the gpu crashes less frequently, like you'd get an hour maybe if you're lucky compared to 15 mins... So it's an over heating issue on that regards but ransom reboots is still a mystery 😕

0 Likes
Imdaniel
First Poster
Options

Plus we both have same styling of case.. not the same one but same style. Try removing yours to see if the issue calms down to help confirm overheating. I take it off prior to gaming. Maybe give it a go yourself? Least we can try see if it's the type of case that's the issue (although I'm still having it without a case just less frequently)

0 Likes
Notdanwhite
Apprentice
Options

Has this been solved yet? I'm still having this issue

0 Likes
chant12
First Poster
Options

same problem im having difference is phone is not turning on to factory reset or even charging

0 Likes
10-plus-user
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem also with different programs.

0 Likes
Claire52
First Poster
Options

In the last month my note 10 plus started randomly restarting otself. I did myriad factory resets which symptoms to rectify this issue until now, it's started restarting randomly again. It appears  this IS an issue with this phone reading other people's similar issues. As a last resort I'll have to send my phone away but obviously don't want to do this. Have cleared system cache. Samsung advised to send it away to have the hardware looked at. Not good on a phone thats barely a year old...

0 Likes
10-plus-user
Explorer
Options

I did have the same problem. Send it back to Samsung. The fault is that there is a problem with the motherboard. After replacing this my Note 10 + these faults does not occur anymore. 

0 Likes