Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging Status Always On?

(Topic created on: 28-08-2019 11:51 AM)
Annuaru
Apprentice
Options

I noticed that when I plugged my Note 10 in and turn the screen off, instead of having an all-black screen, down at the bottom it tells me the percentage of my battery and how long it will take to charge. Is there any way to disable this so that my screen is completely black while charging?

35 REPLIES 35
Bigmal
First Poster
Options

This is the only flaw I have found with the phone, and a very annoying one. It lights up the bedroom when trying to sleep, and is just plain annoying. Samsung need to issue a fix for this asap before it causes screen burn and loads of warranty claims. It just doesn't need to be there

0 Likes
pRo_lama
Voyager
Options

The only way how to disable this notification is to use this app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ccswe.appmanager.samsung&hl=en - and disable the Always On Display. Of course you will lose AoD. So far there is no other way.

Reystar
Apprentice
Options
I don’t understand why the charging status is always on, seriously, its stupid, nobody needs it. This will for sure create a burn in to the display, if I leave it charging overnight it will surely create a burn in...nice samsung good idea
0 Likes
Reystar
Apprentice
Options

@pRo_lama wrote:

The only way how to disable this notification is to use this app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ccswe.appmanager.samsung&hl=en - and disable the Always On Display. Of course you will lose AoD. So far there is no other way.

This is a frustrating way to protect ourselves, the customers, we have to lose AoD in order to protect us from a burn in...

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm assuming that notification moves around in millamitres on the screen like the AOD does to stop screen burn.

I'll ask.

Also I'll send the feedback to Samsung via the Samsung Member App / Samsung + to see if they can introduce some type of toggle.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Hi all.

There is a way to turn this off. Go to: Settings > Display > Screensaver > Off. 

Hope this helps!

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
JoeBot
First Poster
Options
That sadly doesn't work, I just tried it, though setting a blank image as your screensaver does keep the screen blank while charging
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Could you try turning the screensaver off whilst the phone is on charge?

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
nguyentuanhung
First Poster
Options

I'm getting the same error you are. I am a newbie, it was hard for me. If you have a solution, please let me know.

0 Likes
PrinceVince
Student
Options

I found a solution. Download the CCSWE app, go to always on display, and disable always on display and battery charging indicator. I believe it will turn off your always on display for good, but I dont care as I never use always on display. Im concerned with burn in as it happened to my Note 5 so im glad this solution fixed it. If you need any help just reply back and I will try to assist 

0 Likes