Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a second hand Note 10+ - what warranty would I get?

(Topic created on: 26-11-2019 06:30 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi guys, I hope you can help?  I've seen a second hand Note 10+ at my local xyz store (a reputable company) but I am trying to find out what warranty I would get from Samsung - I'm hoping it would be the remainder of the 2-year warranty and if so, do you know what proof of ownership I'd need to provide to them IF, God forbid, something went wrong with the device in that period of time - clearly the receipt but is there anything else do you know?  Would any of you buy a second-hand one - the one I've seen is in pristine condition, albeit that the built in screen protector has been removed - I gather that's store policy - and I've seen it working.  Any feedback gratefully received, thanks.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Thanks so much BandOfBrothers for such a detailed reply.  Your case(s) sound great but sounds like you have a case on a case and not sure that we can get D-Brand cases here in the UK or the screen protector you mention - I've heard a lot about both on YouTube videos of course.

Still umming and aarhing about taking the plunge - it's a beautiful handset to look at but my quandry is:-

• Can I justify it
  • Would I use it enough - by that I mean, all of it's 'options', camera, pen etc... - I tend to watch videos etc.. on my iPad anyway rather than a mobile as the screen is too small but as the Note is bigger ....
  • Will I be able to cope with not having iMessage, Airdrop, the seemless connectivity between devices etc...
  • I wouldn't be able to use my Apple Watch to it's full capability unless I carried my iPhone around too - not really a problem though - could keep that for phone calls and use the Note for everything else!!  I see many videos of people owning both iPhone and Samsung
  • I gather the value of Sammy's tend to drop quite dramatically unlike Apple stuff - NO, I'm not an Apple fangirl for 1 minute I can assure you - I'm getting sick and tired of being 'told' what we can and cannot do - and that two factor authentication.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrh!

This is soooooooooooooooo difficult - I really want to jump ship to Sammy (I've had them before and currently in fact have the S10+ which I know is quite similar to the Note but not big enough for me!) but really feel tied in to Apple - I know I'm not literally tied in but I don't want to have to sell all my Apple products (iMac, MB Pro, iPads etc..), albeit that they keep their value well.  So difficult - please persuade me to jump ship!! :-).  Thanks so much to you and all the other 'chaps' on here for their sage advice and support - you're fantastic

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Anonymous User 

No the dbrand Black Dragon back is a skin that sticks on the rear of the phone.

This for me stops scratches and if I use a clear case it shows the dbrand skin off.

Sell the Apple Watch  and buy a Samsung one ! :winking-face:

imessage for many is a big thing to leave but there are other options.

The Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector is available on Amazon and on their own website.

Look I understand about the Apple Eco System. I used the iPhone 4 right upto the iphone 6+.

It's a state of mind thats stopping you.

The N10+ is truly a powerful tool indeed.

Decisions , decisions  :smiling-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Thanks so much for your reply.  The screen protector looks really tricky to install - at least, to a ***** fisted person like me!  I couldn't find a UK dealer for D-Brand but I'm sure there's something similar.

I know I could sell my watch and other Apple stuff and get a Galaxy watch - at least they look like 'proper' watches. 

As you say, decisions decisions!!!  

Very best and grateful thanks,

Toria

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Sorry to ask one more question but you've been so incredibly helpful and kind - other than physical size, battery size and lack of SIM tray in the Note 10, are there any other differencese between the Note 10 and Note 10+ that would make a huge (!) difference to enjoyment of the device, whichever way I go (and I am switching - you've convinced me, thank you - sending you big hugs of thanks if that's allowed!!??) :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The phone sits in a plastic cradle which helps fitting if it.

As long as the instructions are followed and a person leaves enough time to fit it then all should be fine.

I bought the dbrand skin from their website and had it shipped to the UK.

Try slickwraps.

I use the Samsung Gear s3 Frontier watch and its impressive.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Great, thanks again.  I thought you may have been based across the pond!! 🙂

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Anonymous User wrote:

Sorry to ask one more question but you've been so incredibly helpful and kind - other than physical size, battery size and lack of SIM tray in the Note 10, are there any other differencese between the Note 10 and Note 10+ that would make a huge (!) difference to enjoyment of the device, whichever way I go (and I am switching - you've convinced me, thank you - sending you big hugs of thanks if that's allowed!!??) :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

The + model has a bigger battery.

These may help 》

pocket-lint.com/phones/buyers-guides/samsung/148762-samsung-galaxy-note-10-vs-note-10-plus-differences-compared. 

And

samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-note10. 

There is a sim tray in the Note 10 ?

I use the N10+ 5G as I'm wanting to take advantage of 5G.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

....sorry, I meant no SD card slot in the 10 - I know there's a SIM tray, a phone would be a bit useless without one :-).  Thanks again.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Anonymous User wrote:

....sorry, I meant no SD card slot in the 10 - I know there's a SIM tray, a phone would be a bit useless without one :-).  Thanks again.

Ah yes  Lol.

I have the + model so have the Sd card although the 256Gb storage is ample.

I would have liked a dual hybrid duos version but that's not a deal breaker.

0 Likes