Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shutter speed A series

(Topic created on: 09-12-2019 03:17 PM)
Amin8
First Poster
Options

Why can't Samsung mid-range phones change shutter speeds?

Please create this state for Galaxy A series

5 REPLIES 5
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Amin8! This is actually an interesting idea. I'd recommend submitting this feedback through the Samsung Members app, this way it gets to the developers directly :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:.

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Yeah, I agree. Literally even budget phones have this feature and on A series we cant even use a 3rd party app to have actual shutter speed (it exists but only up to ½ to 1 seconds). The a series should support it and if they are being marketed as phones with amazing cameras. They have the hardware for it clearly (The newly released Galaxy A71 and A51 have great quad camera hardware, a 64mp f1.8 lens for the A71 and 48mp f2.0 for the A51, and with the inclusion of the Snapdragon 730 the A71 is probably the best midrange phone). All A series phone from 2018 onwards should get this shutter speed option (including A8 2018 Samsung, stop treating it like a 2017 phone not even getting android 10)

Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

I asked through Samsung members and they said that they will give the feature as a suggestion but they won't probably add it because it would raise the cost of the device and they want the a series to be affordable to everyone. However if the feature already exists (on every other phone and the S series and Note series), then how would it cost them to add it? It's like saying that pre-installing the free Samsung calendar app will make the phone more expensive, even if it already exists and they don't need to develop it.

54lm0n
First Poster
Options

The slow shutterspeed is not because of software, but because of the midrange chip and the high photo resolution. The only way to make shutterspeed faster is to upgrade the chip, wich will drastically increase the cost of the phone, or lowering the resolution of the photos.

0 Likes
VinodR
Student
Options

There's update on camera

anyone got it in India? 

what shutter speed it supports now? pelase share info.

Thanks

0 Likes