Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phone shows 'Emergency calls only'

(Topic created on: 17-02-2020 07:14 AM)
theanecedotist
Apprentice
Options

Ive insreted my Sim, and yet it shows 'Emergency calls only'. At frist i thought it was my sim that had an issue. so i put in another sim. this sime worked perfectly. and just to be sure, i inserted my sim in anopther samsung device and my sim worked perfectly. but my sim when inserted in my devices shows 'emergency calls only' am not able to use my network to call or to use net. Please help

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Have you been able to insert another sim card into the phone to see what it does.

May I ask.....

Who supplied the Samsung phone ?

Has it worked before ?

Has the phone been bought from another country and imported into your country ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
theanecedotist
Apprentice
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Have you been able to insert another sim card into the phone to see what it does.

May I ask.....

Who supplied the Samsung phone ?

Has it worked before ?

Has the phone been bought from another country and imported into your country ?

I am actually using another SIM on my device, which works absolutely fine. 

My dad works in Samsung engineering and they have an access to an online Samsung portal where they can buy Samsung phones and other electronics with some huge employee discounts. On that site, they sell Samsung verified refurbished devices as well. My device is a refurbished one.

Its been almost 6 months I've bought this phone. And this issue has a cured thrice, that too, in the last month itself. But during then, I checked out some YouTube channels and found out the issue resolves when we re-boot the system. But this time that method doesn't work anymore. It's been two days I am not able to use my SIM network.

I really don't know if this was imported from other countries. I was not provided that detail when I bought it. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You can usually check the status of a phone via looking at its active CsC via downloading the phoneinfo app from the Playstore @theanecedotist  then Google for info on the active CsC.

I am actually using another SIM on my device, which works absolutely fine. 

Does this mean when you use another sim in the Samsung Phone it's not Showing as emergency calls only ? I'm a little confused. 🤪

0 Likes
theanecedotist
Apprentice
Options

Actually yes. Other sims are working just fine on my device. I am not getting 'emergency only' text.

You might also wonder if it is a SIM issue. But, no. My SIM works on other Samsung devices as well. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Are they all on the same mobile network your  sim cards ?

0 Likes
theanecedotist
Apprentice
Options

Yes sir

0 Likes