Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wildcard on call spam filter

(Topic created on: 09-09-2019 01:05 PM)
kzsolt2
Student
Options

Dear everybody!

The new spam call use a group of calling number instead a single calling number.

This mean for example the spam caller number is not an exact number like +37731234567. It use a group of numbers (typical 1000 number) for example in range from  +37731234000 to +37731234999, and each call spam use a different caller number.

To block it need a wildcard on a call blocking feature.

But unfortunately this is not works on Galaxy A70 (works in any galaxy?).  

Without this the phone ring more times in a night because the spam.

Anybody have solution for this problem.

Thanks for any advise: kzsolt2

5 REPLIES 5
BadSquishy
Student
Options

I have the same issue with spam calls. I've received 15 calls today all from 1-519-980-XXXX where the last 4 digits are changing. I want to block all 519-980 numbers from calling...for now. 

A way to do this would be great. So far i used 519980 and 519980* I will update if it works. 

0 Likes
BadSquishy
Student
Options

Update...the * doesn't do anything...that didn't take long. 

0 Likes
BadSquishy
Student
Options

My suggestion is to disable the Samsung one and use Mr. Number. I found a post about this on Mobile Syrup. 

P.S I'm using a Note 20 Ultra. 

How to block specific area and country codes on Android (mobilesyrup.com)

0 Likes
HelpIfICan
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung note 10+ 5g
Ive just looked and i have "Hiya" to block all spam and scam calls not in my contacts.
I'll give it a go... the only other way that i can think of using is the message reply system, telling them that the messages are not read and that they should send a text with name and reason for the call, i'll get back if needed.

Lets face it, we almost all use WhatsApp now anyway

0 Likes
electroumit
Student
Options

Samsung phones had a great spam blocking feature, but for some reason they removed this feature. It forced us to use third-party applications.

0 Likes