Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

What does this icon mean ?

(Topic created on: 20-02-2020 11:44 PM)
Unidacx
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone.

So this appeared on my phone (Samsung A90 5G) after receiving the find my phone notification, courtesy of Samsung. 

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/AHLCCaG

For the life of me, I can't seem to get rid of it. I've tried a litany of settings to see what causes this icon to appear. So far, it only appears when the Do Not Disturb mode is enabled.

Edit - imgur is being a pain. It is a grey circular icon with the number "1" inside it. Top left corner, to the right of the clock on the status bar.

Screenshot_20200220-135203_Chrome.jpg

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
It's probably the "find my mobile" app, Samsung sent out a notification either by mistake or something.
It's nothing to worry about as far as I've read in Twitter
Solution
Unidacx
Apprentice
Options

I figured out what that icon was.

A toggle was somehow enabled in the Status bar sub section of the Notification settings menu. 

When the toggle is enabled, it denotes the number of notifications present. 

Screenshot_20200220-223239_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200220-223244_Settings.jpg

I recieved that notification in the early hours of this morning.

A quick cursory search on Google brought up a reddit page detailing about it. 

As I understand it, somehow an internal test went a bit awry. 

The BBC also made a brief mention about it also.

Solution
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Ah ok no worries then, I just knew on Twitter people were talking about the number 1 appearing on their phones, and it was something to do with the find my phone app.

Sorry for the miss information on your issue but at least it was sorted by yourself
0 Likes
Unidacx
Apprentice
Options

No harm no foul.

A lot of meme worthy posting about the fudge up did the rounds on reddit.

Thank you for your assistance all the same.

GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
I must have been on the naughty list at Samsung HQ because I didn't get a notification at all, felt kind of left out 🙂
Unidacx
Apprentice
Options
I'd count yourself lucky that you were spared from the panic that ensued, as it played out in Reddit.

While a number who were affected were worried that their phones were hacked - and subsequently reviewed their security policies et al, I had no such concerns. I was rather annoyed by the sudden appearance of this strange icon.

Thankfully, I figured it out before going all out with the nuclear option - a factory reset.
hales70
First Poster
Options
How to delete the 1 next to the time Screenshot_20221208-104001_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@hales70: Further to the solution offered above, please head to Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings > Status bar > Show notification icons > Select '3 most recent' or ' All notifications'. 

0 Likes
liz1954
First Poster
Options
Thank you x
0 Likes