Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Damage

(Topic created on: 08-05-2020 10:38 PM)
w0utj3
Student
Options

Hi, I had a tea drop over my Samsung a70 2 weeks ago. Now I was looking on the internet for Water damage indicators. And I saw that it is in the SIM card slot with my phone. Now my question is what does that indicator look like if my phone has water damage. Mine is now white with purple crosses. And water can damage a battery in the sense that the battery drains faster. I look forward to a response.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @w0utj3 

A water sensor should be plain white.

In regards to water damage.

It depends on what the liquid consists of.

You say yours was a cup of tea.

So this would possibly consist of the....

Water.

Milk.

If sugar was in the tea then that can be really bad for the internals too. It could crystallise.

Wash the phone with clean water and place it in rice powered down for a few days.

What can happen when liquid gets inside is that.....

1. The phone either dies and does not work again.

2.  It works but over time the liquid residue causes the internal boards and components to fur up and gradually fail.

3. Or the phone continues to work normally.

The battery is a sealed unit so I can't see that being affected however the connection from it to the internal boards might.

Please bear in mind I'm not a phone engineer in any sense and as such my advice comes from experience.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre could look at the phone but as liquid damage isn't covered under the Samsung Manufacturing Warranty I think they'd charge.

So its a matter or weighing up the cost to having it looked over , repaired if necessary to hiw much a new phone costs.

I hope the above helps.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @w0utj3 

A water sensor should be plain white.

In regards to water damage.

It depends on what the liquid consists of.

You say yours was a cup of tea.

So this would possibly consist of the....

Water.

Milk.

If sugar was in the tea then that can be really bad for the internals too. It could crystallise.

Wash the phone with clean water and place it in rice powered down for a few days.

What can happen when liquid gets inside is that.....

1. The phone either dies and does not work again.

2.  It works but over time the liquid residue causes the internal boards and components to fur up and gradually fail.

3. Or the phone continues to work normally.

The battery is a sealed unit so I can't see that being affected however the connection from it to the internal boards might.

Please bear in mind I'm not a phone engineer in any sense and as such my advice comes from experience.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre could look at the phone but as liquid damage isn't covered under the Samsung Manufacturing Warranty I think they'd charge.

So its a matter or weighing up the cost to having it looked over , repaired if necessary to hiw much a new phone costs.

I hope the above helps.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes