Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Shortcut for inverting colours (A70)

(Topic created on: 28-12-2019 09:09 AM)
mrgrieves
Journeyman
Options

I know I can invert colours by going into the depths of the accessibility menu under Settings, but is there a way I can set something up to make this quicker?

I can't use my phone with a white background due to a visual impairment.  On my previous Android phone (a motorola), once I enabled invert colours once, then it appeared in my swipe-down menu from the top (quick menu?).  However, this doesn't seem to be the case on my A70.

I've found a nice looking accessibility menu I can add to the navigation bar, but the only options it seems to let me assign to it are Magnification (which there is already a shortcut for) and Accessibility Menu (which seems completely useless to me).  If I could make this button invert colours then I would be over the moon.

I read something about triple-tapping home but this doesn't seem to work and I can't find an option to enable it.

Delving deep into menus is a terrible experience for me, so I'm hoping someone can point me at a better option.  At the moment, this is keeping me using my old phone so although it might seem trivial to some, it's a bit of a dealbreaker for me.

I was also under the impression that on Android 9 there was an Edit option on the quick menu, but I can't find it.

I'd be really grateful if anyone could help!

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Try.

Settings.

Accessibility. 

Advanced Settings.

Direct Access.

Turn it On and Choose Side and Volume Up Keys and assign that to negative colours. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
mrgrieves
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply.  If I go to Accessibility > Advanced Settings, I see a 'Direct Access' heading.  Underneath this are Volume Up/Power and Volume Up/Down options.  Here my options are: Accessibility, TalkBack, Voice Assistant, Universal search and Magnifier Window.  There's also Interaction Control which is disabled.

I don't see the exact option you mention, and Invert Colours is not listed.

0 Likes
mrgrieves
Journeyman
Options
The volume updown options are actually a little different and list Amazon Shopping (how that is an accessibility option I do not know), Univeral search, Voice Assistant, Talkback, Accessibility Menu, Select to Speak, Swith Access an Speak!.

The last one is interesting because I think that's an app I installed. I guess Amazon Shopping is too. Which suggests it's possible to customise this menu beyond the options I'm being given. Not sure if it's possible to write an app that changes the colour inversion, then register it in here ??
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This shows as an option on my phone @mrgrieves 

Screenshot_20191228-090654_Accessibility.jpg

Screenshot_20191228-090710_Accessibility.jpg

Screenshot_20191228-090730_Accessibility.jpg

mrgrieves
Journeyman
Options
I'm on OneUI 1.1 which seems to be the latest for the A70. So either a difference in phone or OS. That at least suggests that it might be coming in the next update with any luck.
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

You need to select the power and volume up option, then you turn it on and enable negative colours. My a8 has it so the a70 must as well

0 Likes
mrgrieves
Journeyman
Options
It really doesn't. On mine it's also not called Negative Colours, it's Colour Inversion. (But I can't assign it to a shortcut anyway).
0 Likes
mrgrieves
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20191228-184605_Accessibility.jpg

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@mrgrieves 

Sorry if I've missed this information previously but....

Was the phone supplied directly by Samsung or via a Mobile Phone Contract ?

What country are you in ?

0 Likes