Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save selected pic from whatsapp to gallery

(Topic created on: 13-03-2020 03:02 AM)
Cancer
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I am using Galaxy A50 and if I want to save any pic I received in WhatsApp to my gallery, it does not have an option.

If we select save media to gallery in whatsapp, it saves all media. But I want to save only the one I want to.

Can anyone help?

64 REPLIES 64
AndrewL
Options
Hi @Cancer. If you press and hold on the relevant image in Whatsapp, a popup menu should appear. Simply select 'Save' from the list of options to save the individual image to your Gallery. Hope this helps. ^AL

0 Likes
Cancer
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Sorry even this didn't work. When we open a pic in chat window and prsee and hold, nothind appears.

When we click on 3 dots on the oprions shown in the pic attached are show.

In that if we try tp view in gallery, we can see the pic in gallery app but cannot save in gallery.

Capture.JPG

Debs5
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I have the same problem and its very frustrating. Apple manage a simple one-click "save to camera roll".

Has a solution to this been found yet?

Thanks, 

Cancer
Explorer
Options

Hi,

No, Samsung OS is not capable of solving that issue as of now

CJHarmse
First Poster
Options
OMW, it is a basic function, so far loved my new Samsung moving from iPhone, now this is a serious "hole in the road"
0 Likes
LisaE
First Poster
Options

You can actually do this. If you go into your WhatsApp file the images will have saved in there. You just have to highlight them and move them into your DCIM file where your other photos are. They will save into your camera roll then

0 Likes
Cancer
Explorer
Options

Hi,

This option works only when you have the option to save all downloaded media/images in phone gallery.

My question was to save only selected image from whatsApp to gallery.

Cancer
Explorer
Options

Hi,

This option works only when you have the option to save all downloaded media/images in phone gallery.

My question was to save only selected image from whatsApp to gallery.

Looking4Ansas
First Poster
Options

I've recently changed religions! Years of IPhone to Samsung 😖😤 Perservering.

Ok so all I've been able to stumble upon to save an individual image from WhatApp, if you click on the name of the account at the top. Click on Media, links and docs, it opens up all images exchanged with that sender. Click on the  image you want. Click on the three vertical dots on the top right hand side. If you 'set as wallpaper' it gives a frame within the image. It sets it as the background within WhatsApp and also saves it in the gallery (a cropped version😏) but the furthest I've got, so far.

Please update with any further progress- it's so frustrating, when it is so easy on Apple.

0 Likes