Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung isn't refunding my A50 that was faulty when i bought it.

(Topic created on: 04-10-2019 01:04 PM)
Elias_
Student
Options

I bought my Samsung A50 around the 20th of August. After 2 weeks, it didn't turn on despite me trying. I sent it back for an exchange and they said it will be 3-5 business days until I get my new phone. It had been a week so I called up customer support and they said the usual "sorry about any problems" and said it will come by next week (20th Sept). It didn't come so I gave them the benefit of the doubt and gave them an extra two days. It still didn't come so I called them up asking for a refund and they said ok. I was meant to get an email today about whether it went through but I still didn't get anything back. I am getting tired of this mouse and cat game with my money. Samsung has some top-notch devices but they take the p*ss with your cash. I want to take my business elsewhere as they are not doing anything to help me out or return my money. I had to get extra shifts for this phone as I'm already paying for my car insurance, tax, MOT, my phone bill and much more. So can I have any help with getting my money back?

TLDR: Asked for an exchange as my phone was faulty, they said yes. Didn't come twice so I asked for a refund and I still didn't get my money back.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's a shame your phone failed @Elias_ 

If you bought the phone directly via the Samsung Online Shop then only the online shop team can help.

And or seek out Samsungs Complaint Process.

That said if you paid by a Credit card then speak to your card issuer to see if they can intercede and pay your money back to you and then they'll deal with Samsung themselves.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AntS
Options

Cheers for getting to this one, BandOfBrothers. :smiling-face::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

@Elias_ , Did you buy your phone from the UK Samsung Online Store? If so, if you PM me your contact and order details I'll check with my Online Store colleagues about what's going on with your refund for you.

Elias_
Student
Options
I did buy it from the Online Store. Luckily, yesterday I was told that im getting a refund. Thanks for the help anyways.
AntS
Options
0 Likes