Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 Front Camare Very Blurry And Laggy In Photo Mode

(Topic created on: 09-01-2020 08:26 PM)
Kristaps
First Poster
Options

Hi!

5 days ago I bough an almost new Samsung Galaxy A8 2018. I have a HUGE problem with the front camera, when It's in photo mode - it's very laggy and blurry when I'm moving the camera. Besides all that, third party apps like Snapchat, TikTok and Instagram are using my camera's photo mode as their camera source for taking photos AND videos.  The funny part about all of this is that when I switch my front camera to video mode, It has perfect quality and It'a not laggy or blurry at all.

I've done pretty much everything to try to fix this issue:

1. cleaned my camera's data;

2. tried using third party camera apps;

3. did a hard reset:

4. tried to use my camera in safe mode but the photo mode is still laggy and blurry;

5. cleaned my camera lens even tho I know It's clear and in a perfect condition;

6. I even tried shaking it but to no results.

Do any of you have the same problem as me or even a solution? Could anyone reach out to me for help?

You can contact me throgh this discusion page or by email - kristapslorbergs13@gmail.com

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Kristaps! As further troubleshooting steps, make sure that the A8 is running on the latest software version. Also, could you run a Hardware Test on the phone? Go to: Samsung Members app > Press Get help > Press Interactive checks > Camera. Once completed, please share the results.

0 Likes
Kristaps
First Poster
Options

Hi! I took photos and it said that both of my cameras are normal but when I turned on my camera app, it was blurry anyways.

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Right, I see. You have gone through all the steps that a technical advisor could offer. At this point, I would recommend having the phone inspected by a Samsung Engineer. You can find your closest Samsung Support Centre here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/ 

Also, make sure to remove any case, cover, SIM and SD Card and to back up the phone prior to the visit to the Support Centre.

0 Likes
K_Mac
First Poster
Options

Did you find a fix for this? im having the same problem with my phone and want to see if there is an alternative to taking it to an engineer.

0 Likes