Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A70 Security updates

(Topic created on: 06-02-2020 07:47 PM)
Hey2019
Explorer
Options

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy A70 , and noticed that even in December 2019 , there doesn’t appear to be any security updates for it in the United Kingdom , delays there being lots of discussions . About October, November , and December 2019 updates out there .   I recently had discussion with a Samsung tech support , who seemed to completely ignore the fact that this phone was not on,y brand new it came factory fresh , as (at the time of this post ) Samsung Online shop has just required stock from the factory , he still asked me of the phone had got any cosmetic damage , and that the phone should be inspected , failed to answer my question about updates .  I hope someone can answer my question about uodates for A70 , ast to have my phone inspected by an engineer , because I inquire about latest update , is something  of overkill Thankyou .

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
I'm using the A70 on XEU and still only on September security patch.
I don't know what Samsung's game is but it always seems to be the UK at the bottom of the pile.

I was hoping it would be like Nokia where sometimes a VPN trick would trigger the update, but I've seen no evidence of a way round it on Samsung
0 Likes
Scouser73
Apprentice
Options

Hi GingerSteve,

The Samsung A70 January 2020 update is doing the rounds, I received mine yesterday.

The Samsung A70 receives quarterly security updates; please see the link for details.

https://www.sammobile.com/2019/05/13/samsung-galaxy-security-updatesSamsung A70 January 2020 Security UpdateSamsung A70 January 2020 Securit...

Samsung A70
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah I know the A70 is quarterly , thank for the reply , I got the update on the day it came available for XEU .
Sammobile is an horrible ad ridden site so I don't use it now
0 Likes