Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A70 Security updates

(Topic created on: 20-12-2019 05:03 PM)
Hey2019
Explorer
Options

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy A70 , and noticed that even in December 2019 , there doesn’t appear to be any security updates for it in the United Kingdom , delays there being lots of discussions . About October, November , and December 2019 updates out there .   I recently had discussion with a Samsung tech support , who seemed to completely ignore the fact that this phone was not on,y brand new it came factory fresh , as (at the time of this post ) Samsung Online shop has just required stock from the factory , he still asked me of the phone had got any cosmetic damage , and that the phone should be inspected , failed to answer my question about updates .  I hope someone can answer my question about uodates for A70 , ast to have my phone inspected by an engineer , because I inquire about latest update , is something  of overkill Thankyou .

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I think the Samsung help agent has got a little confused as to what was needed @Hey2019 

A Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre does not have to inspect a phone for a question on security updates.

Samsung have been known in the past to be a little slow in sending out various updates but very recently that has changed and they have sent them out pretty fast.

The exception can be branded phones i.e ones supplied by a network as the network typically want to test out updates before allowing Samsung to send them out.

I bought my phone directly from a Samsung Experience Store in the UK and I've had regular updates thus far.

I'm waiting on the December patch.

Updates are sent out country / region dependent and in waves controlled by the build and serial number of the phone.

I can only suggest to keep looking in the phones software update section and turn on auto updates if.you wish.

Let's hope we get it soon     :smiling-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
PhoneUser01
Apprentice
Options

I have the same situation, Samsung UK direct A705FN/DS model code BTU. Still stuck on September security patch, it's almost January 2020, and no updates .

I see that UK service providers such as EE and o2 have already recieved December update. The fact that the Samsung direct unlocked models (BTU) haven't been updated is strange to say the least.

I have just spoken with Samsung tech support and was told that they don't have access to dates for any  firmware updates.

0 Likes
Ess_M
Apprentice
Options
Try connecting your device up to smart switch on a PC to see if there are any software updates, failing that then I would suggest you visit your nearest support centre for them to carry out a level 1 repair (software update).
0 Likes
PhoneUser01
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I have tried several update methods including SmrtSwitch. I am approximately a 2 hour return journey to my nearest Samsung Service Centre for what would probably be a pointless and expensive trip.

My point is that there is no firmware update available, since the 1 September security patch, for the A705FN/DS (BTU Samsung unlocked) model.  I use my device for online banking/Samsung Pay therefore I would expect up to date security.

The foregoing is despite most of Asia and Europe having had various updates, indeed UK service providers such as EE and o2 have already received a December update. The fact that the Samsung direct unlocked model (BTU) is not receiving updates is not acceptable for a new, and expensive model.

I would hope that a Samsung moderator would respond to this matter.

Best Regards

Hey2019
Explorer
Options

I to have read of the update being made available to the Samsung A70 in other countries ,  I have seen reference to both an October update and a November update in some countries also .  I confess that I do not have much faith in Samsung online support , each time I have mentioned my difficulty with getting updates , instead of answering the question or even if they said there is no updates at this time that would be fine , but instead they say let’s get this phone checked at a service centre , and considering I have had this phone since the 11th December 2019 ,when it is also fresh from the factory , as stock levels online have been going rapidly for this phone , then if there is something already wrong from a factory fresh phone then something needs to be done about quality control at Samsung Factory.   Before the A70 I had the A20e , and refused to pay the out of warranty ,(as my phone screen got damaged ) which was well over £110 , and decided to put the cost of repair towards a new phone prior to this being damaged I’d already returned two phone to the shop because they were faulty , so something needs to be done with build quality .  

Also there must be an update soon which will hopefully make the built in screen finger print scanner better 

0 Likes
Hey2019
Explorer
Options

With respect , if there is something wrong with my phone , after only just bought this since 11th December then there is something radically wrong with Samsung build quality 

0 Likes
Bryan47
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem. I think Samsung leaves UK behind on purpose. Comments please Samsung

Hey2019
Explorer
Options
Yes its disgusting and hackers are going to exploit the fact that there have been no updates in the Uk for this Handset
0 Likes
PhoneUser01
Apprentice
Options

I use my mobile for banking and payments and due to the lack of any security updates for the Sumsung direct (BTU) UK A70  since October 2109 I have given up waiting and sold it for a lot less than I paid for it. My wife's cheaper A50 has received monthly security updates and is currently on a January 2020 patch.

Terrible lack of support from Samsung Uk.

0 Likes