Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A40 front camera autofocus

(Topic created on: 11-10-2019 02:44 PM)
DaveNonni
First Poster
Options

My Samsung galaxy a40's front camera couldn't  focus on things which weren't close for about 3-4 weeks. Then, yesterday, the camera started to focus very well, but it worked only for about 10 hours, because now it's broken again. What problem is it? Is there a solution for that?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

It sound as magic, if the objetive is clear and you have not an special protector on it may work fine!!!

If you continue with problems and you have warranty, could be better to use the Oficial Technical Service for test and help you my friend :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Try to install a second camera program to check if we have a soft or hardware problem as recomendation and after desinstall it, it will be only to check cappacity or camera system :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Good luck and I wish you can use that good fronted camara as all our can use it :four-leaf-clover:

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@DaveNonni: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Galaxy A40. If you dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad and select 'Front Cam' from the series of grey tiles, is the issue present during this test? If not, please restart the phone in Safe Mode via the steps below, open the Camera app and check the front cam once more. If it focuses as expected then please restart the device and delete any recently installed third party apps.

Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the A40 logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.
peterpitsch
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. As instructed the camera is still blurry on the test application.

It seems to be a recurring issue on the A40 as I found 2 other people with the same problem.

0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Aren't A40 front cameras the same as my A70,
As in fixed focus ?
Most front cameras I thought were fixed focus, apart from some top end phones
0 Likes
DJOSOVIC
First Poster
Options
the phone is a40 will not focus what the problem was with memory alone but again it won't
0 Likes
peterpitsch
First Poster
Options

You are right.
I meant the primary rear camera, of course.

I sent my phone in for repair.

0 Likes
NorahA
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your response, I have the same problem with my rear camera and it is making me lose my mind!

I tried the same steps you mentioned and it is still out of focus.

@AndrewL wrote:
@DaveNonni: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Galaxy A40. If you dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad and select 'Front Cam' from the series of grey tiles, is the issue present during this test? If not, please restart the phone in Safe Mode via the steps below, open the Camera app and check the front cam once more. If it focuses as expected then please restart the device and delete any recently installed third party apps.

Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the A40 logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.

DrP
First Poster
Options

My issue is with main camera. I tried the fix suggested and when I selected this camera all worked as expected, however when I restarted phone fault had returned. What do I need to do?

0 Likes