Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A71 front camera zoomed in on third party apps?

(Topic created on: 01-03-2020 06:46 AM)
twistybuster
Apprentice
Options

So basically I recieved my new Samsung A71 today and on all third party apps the front camera is very zoomed in and can barely fit my face in the full frame. In the camera app it is fine, but when I use apps such as Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Omegle the front facing camera is zoomed in. Anyone else having a problem with this? Any fixes for it?

68 REPLIES 68
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

Doesn't multi tapping the front to back camera button cycle through the different zooms ?

I know on my A70 I have that option on some of my 3rd party apps.

Unfortunately I don't use the ones you mention 

0 Likes
twistybuster
Apprentice
Options
Sadly, the apps I use do not have this feature and my front facing camera is still cropped/zoomed in.
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Sorry to hear that, if there is a comment , feedback or other communication option with the app developers then maybe try to contact them.
Let them know the situation and try to get others with the issue to do likewise.

I know developers can't always be super quick on fixes because they have to cover alot of different devices and specs, but hopefully if enough people kindly let them know, it will get sorted
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
The only other short term option, at least for Instagram is take the image on the stock camera or open camera or whatever app you use which allows a wider shot, then share to Instagram, again it's not a fix but only thing I can think of for now
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
I installed and finally registered on Instagram to check for you, I can confirm the issue is on my A70.
I did believe you I just wanted to check the issue on mine....the camera switch button doesn't offer a full lens cycle so I'm guessing letting the developer know will be the only way.

Sorry I have no real fix
0 Likes
twistybuster
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the advice. I will report the issue and for now i will stick to using the stock photo camera for use of apps like Instagram
MANSA_BHATI
First Poster
Options

i also having same problem too much zoom camera

Steelrise
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on Snapchat, can se on the internet there is alot of debate about it

BEEMOO
Journeyman
Options
I think they are gonna update it soon since there are a lot more phones now including iPhones that have multiple cameras