Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A50 Bugs

(Topic created on: 05-06-2019 12:58 AM)
Dave87
Journeyman
Options

I've had my Samsung A50 for around 3 months and here's my list of problems and despite recent update and factory reset - symptoms persist!

1. The Android System USB Connected/Disconnect notification non stop after charging. This results in heavy battery drain 

2. When the above happens so too is my phone screen unable to turn off - press lock button and it locks but keep still keeps the screen on. This occurs way past the time out period. 

3. When battery gets low the low battery notification flicks non stop until I put it on charge 

Samsung has only advised I take it to a repair centre. My issue is that I bought the phone outright when working in Malaysia but am living in Australia. 

I purposely bought this phone so that when my carrier receives the 5G version of the S10 I could start a new contract as I was due for a new phone in April and my 2 year old S8 was rather busted. 

I have had so many Samsung devices including pushing my entire family onto them as a b loyal ambassador but I must say this experience has really put me off as other phone companies offer global warranties 

6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately issues can arise when an imported phones hardware fails or the software glitches due to how Samsung apply their manufacturing warranty @Dave87 

This is one of a few reasons I personally decide not to buy a phone from another country.

However you could try a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre to see if they'll help.

That or if any household Contents insurance covers you for replacements etc.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Law23
Explorer
Options

I have the usb connected/disconnected too, have you resolved?

0 Likes
Dave87
Journeyman
Options

Thanks will have to return it next time I'm in Kuala Lumpur

0 Likes
Dave87
Journeyman
Options

The only solution is a hard reset every morning 

0 Likes
Law23
Explorer
Options

I think is a bug in the last update beacause there are some people with this bug, if this problem still alive with the new update I go to assistance.

0 Likes
Tazaur
First Poster
Options

I have a problem where I go to type something and the phone will put a random word at the beginning of my sentence. I've finally figured out what it is. If the last word you typed was a misspell, but you closed your keyboard without letting it correct it, then the next time you pull up your keyboard, it will insert the now corrected word into your textbox. Only sometimes though, I havent been able to accurately recreate it.

0 Likes