Support

Open search

Samsung A5 Malware

First Poster

I have a question about my phone that has malware on it.

I have an unrooted phone and I factory reset it and start using a different playstore account.

Does this mean the malware is off my phone aswell?

4 REPLIES 4
Superuser I
Superuser I

@HenkDJ 

Hi, if you want to verify it, you can install this application from the Google Play Store : Malwarebytes Security and check. I'd like to know the result please...

1566619038663.jpg

Si j'ai pu vous aider un peu , cliquez sur le POUCE, Si j'ai résolu votre problème cliquez sur Accepter comme solution pour aider ceux qui se posent la même question. Merci
First Poster

I scanned it with the Premium Malware Bytes app. Nothing was found.

Just out of curiousity. I figured IPhones are completely wiped clean after a factory reset, does the same apply to Samsung Phones?

Superuser I
Superuser I

@HenkDJ 

I figured IPhones are completely wiped clean after a factory reset, does the same apply to Samsung Phones?

The answer is probably YES but to be sure I invite Moderator @AntS , he works for Samsung so he knows the answer better than me but now you know you have a clean installation.

Have a good day

If it helps you please click on the thumb

Si j'ai pu vous aider un peu , cliquez sur le POUCE, Si j'ai résolu votre problème cliquez sur Accepter comme solution pour aider ceux qui se posent la même question. Merci
Highlighted
AntS Moderator

Thanks for your help on this, @Cassidy007 .  

A factory reset on a Samsung smartphone wipes out all user data; apart from the Google account it was initially setup with (hence FRP - or Factory Reset Protection). We've got some official guidance on factory resets here.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors