Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung A40 lock screen notifications

(Topic created on: 14-01-2020 02:05 PM)
Cas77
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I've just got the Samsung A40 and I just can't seem to get lock screen notifications to work for Messenger. I'm having to wake phone up to check if I've had messages, is there a solution?

Thanks 

12 REPLIES 12
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Cas77! Is this happening with the notifications of any app or only with the Messenger app? Also, make sure to allow notifications for the Messenger app via: Settings > Notifications > Allow notifications for Messenger. 

0 Likes
Gradics
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have the same issue, i.e. only with Messenger.

I set Settings > Notifications > Allow notifications for Messenger, but it didn't help.

Messenger didn't work with Glimpse Notifications either. Does lock screen notification work for Messenger at all?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Solution
PaulEgan-74
Apprentice
Options

you won't be able to get any notifications on the A40, Samsung have taken, always on display, off the A40. if I'd of knew this before buying the phone, I wouldn't of brought it. disgraceful.

0 Likes
Cas77
Apprentice
Options

Wish I'd known this myself before I got it. Going through settings has been driving me crazy! Thank you for letting me know, appreciate it.

0 Likes
Cas77
Apprentice
Options

Hi. I've just found out the phone doesn't allow lock screen notifications for messenger despite what Samsung told me.

0 Likes
Cas77
Apprentice
Options
I tried everything like you. No lock screen doesn't work for messenger at all, very annoying.
0 Likes
Briant566
Pioneer
Options

Hi 

I have just the opposite My new A40 shows pop up banners for what app and  Messages on main screen

But i am unable to get email to show on main screen or lock screen  including Gmail 

I only get a sound and a small envelope on the lock screen  ihave now spent a whole day on this issue 

My friend bought the phone at the same time same software

He gets full banner and content showing on his lock screen from emails and we have compared all settings  and are identical  ???

0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

If u go into settings and go to the search icon and type in lock screen notifications u will be able to change the view style of notifications on the lock screen u can change it from just the icon from the notification to more detailed were it will show u the message aswell hope this helps.

Briant566
Pioneer
Options

Hi 

You are a absulute Star  Works a treat:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Many thanks  

Update Were did you get that info from we looked at lock screen settings but that is not there  ?

It only comes up as your insructions say 

Have you any idea why whats app and message banners come up on the main screen but mail only on lock screen

Once again thanks a lot