Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos disappeared from A50 when moving to album

(Topic created on: 20-06-2019 08:16 PM)
BeauLemon
First Poster
Options

I wonder if anyone can give me some advice. I've recently got an A50 and have taken it away on holiday. I took heaps of photos over the last couple of days and wanted to move them all into an album so they were all together. I created the album then selected all the photos I wanted to move. The phone froze midway through moving the photos so I clicked cancel and it appeared to cancel fine with no error message showing up. But when I went back into the album the first two thirds of the of the photos had disappeared. They're not in any albums or stories, and are not showing in my recycle bin as being deleted. Does anyone have any idea where they might have gone or how to recover them? If not my brand new phone has lost all my holiday snaps 😞 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@BeauLemon: Sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue. If you have a Samsung Cloud account set up to backup your images then please open the Gallery app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Sync With Samsung Cloud to see if you're able to recover them in this fashion. Please also ensure that Master Sync is enabled by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom and selecting 'Sync' from the Quick Settings menu.

If they're not in the recycle bin, try looking in Apps > Samsung (folder) > My Files > Images. Alternatively you may find that they have been archived in your Google account, which you can check by going to Apps > Google (folder) > Photos (WiFi connection required). It may also be worth going to Gallery > Albums > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Hide or Unhide albums, although I appreciate that this is a bit of a long shot.
0 Likes
BeauLemon
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your reply @AndrewL but no luck with those unfortunately. 

0 Likes
Ralpie
First Poster
Options

Hi, I had a similar issue just now with moving my photos to another folder. I started moving them to the wrong folder and cancelled it. Thought I lost them, but went back into the gallery and clicked on [Pictures] (bottom left) and scrolled through all the photos back to the date I took them and they were there. Must be in another folder somewhere that they don't show up in the normal [Albums] view that I normally use. Hope this helps?

Edit: Using Galaxy S9+

0 Likes