Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New A50 refuses to go into standby then after restart reports moisture detection in usb port

(Topic created on: 28-07-2019 03:14 PM)
Markvella
First Poster
Options

My A50 has suddenly started to act up. Since the past week it 1st refused to switch off the screen after time out or when pressing the power button. This meant is remained on indefinitely and started to heat up. I restarted it and on restart it reports moisture detected in usb port and refuses to accept the charger cable. I shut it down and charge it while off. On restart the cycle starts again. Been the whole week like this, and I am positive that no moisture is on the port or if any it would have evaporated by now. Noted on some internet sites sites that firmware update was issued in july to solve this problem, however when I try to force an update phone claims software is up to date. What should I do?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
CarlH
Options

Hi @Markvella. I noticed somebody post the following steps the other day which may be of use to you: Go to Settings > Apps > Show system apps > Find USBSettings app > tap Storage > tap Clear data

Let me know if this works for you!

0 Likes
Markvella
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the feedback Carl. I tried these steps and restarted the phone, however the moisture detection notification remained there.

Mark

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Ah, was hoping that would fix it. It may be best to pop in to a Service Centre for an engineer to inspect. This link will direct you to the closest in your area. 

0 Likes
Markvella
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the feedback Carl. There is some news that a firmware upgrade is out this month that should bring some changes in the moisture detection algorithm ....A505GUBS3ASF5. However when I try to update my software it says everything is updated. Are you aware of this upgrade and how can I get this latest firmware. 

0 Likes