Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language in User Manual changed to Arabic - how to change back to english

(Topic created on: 14-06-2019 05:41 PM)
IanFerguson
First Poster
Options

My new s70 has language set as English, but this afternoon the User Manual is now in Arabic. Checked on my wife’s new phone and it now has same problem. We have not touched any language settings. How do we get it back to English

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@IanFerguson: Where did you purchase the phones from? If you select User Manual via the Settings menu then it will take you to the download center at samsung.com, therefore if your devices were intended for use outside the UK then this may be why it is defaulting to Arabic. As a workaround please check the following link to find the manual in English.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201904/20190412144820613/SM-A505_A705_UM_SWA_Pie_Eng_Re...

0 Likes
john97
First Poster
Options

i have the same issue with my a70 - user manual -changed to Arabic on second day of use , (new phone ) still unresolved. help

0 Likes
IanFerguson
First Poster
Options
Unfortunately Samsung simply said that the phone must have been set up to be used in an Arabic country - odd when it was bought from Carphone Warehouse in Scotland. Samsung’s suggestion was to reset the phone. While saying data would be unaffected all of my settings etc would have to be reinput. Carphone Warehouse couldn’t help either.

Workaround is to download the manual from Samsung site. I then put a link to the file on my homepage.
0 Likes
john97
First Poster
Options
thanks , i live in Scotland too , phone from Vodafone. was given links by Samsung but none worked , told to try factory reset , not sure on that one . seems the manual is downloading on start up from Samsung website , looks like a software issue to me , and as you have same issue .
0 Likes
IanFerguson
First Poster
Options
Have a look now - our phones are now showing something along the lines of “This user manual is not available in your selected language” but in every language under the sun. Carphone Warehouse technical support hadn’t heard of problem but given latest change he thinks it may well be Samsung sorting out the manuals for this new phone. He suggests waiting to see if new software update is issued. In the meantime just keep using the downloaded pdf manual
0 Likes
john97
First Poster
Options
thanks again - just checked , and mine says the same - hope they are sorting out the issue - still leaning how to use new phone
0 Likes