Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal for my A50 to spend 20% battery overnight?

(Topic created on: 29-07-2019 10:55 AM)
Quantumm
Apprentice
Options

I bought my A50 about a week or two ago and what I have noticed is that every time I wake up about 20% of the battery that I had before I fell asleep has been spent even though I turned on Bixby routines for saving battery, turned off mobile data, turned on night mode, reduced brightness to 0 etc. So I feel like that its simply too much battery that goes away in a matter of like 7 hours of sleep, on my last phone maybe a couple of % would go during even longer times. Do you think I should send my phone back to servicing and maybe get a new one?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options
@Quantumm: If you go to Settings > Device Care > Battery > Battery Usage, can you see any apps or features listed that are using an abnormal amount of battery?
0 Likes
Quantumm
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@Quantumm: If you go to Settings > Device Care > Battery > Battery Usage, can you see any apps or features listed that are using an abnormal amount of battery?

When I put it into weekly battery spending I would say the most abnormal ones are "Starting screen for One UI" sitting at 45% battery spending and Services for Google Play at 33% spending, is that a normal amount those services should be at?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Quantumm: Thank you for checking that for me. Both of those readings are above average, especially One UI Home. You may wish to try enabling Do Not Disturb mode via Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb, and allow your preferred exceptions such as Alarm and maybe calls from certain contacts. You can also go to Device Care > Battery > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings, and enable power saving options such as 'Put Unused Apps To Sleep' and 'Adaptive Battery'.

As a further troubleshooting step you can restart the phone in Safe Mode via the steps below before you go to bed and check the battery usage in the morning to see if you notice an improvement. If you do, I recommend disabling or removing any recently installed applications as this may be where the issue is stemming from.

Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the A50 logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.

Quantumm
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@Quantumm: Thank you for checking that for me. Both of those readings are above average, especially One UI Home. You may wish to try enabling Do Not Disturb mode via Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb, and allow your preferred exceptions such as Alarm and maybe calls from certain contacts. You can also go to Device Care > Battery > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings, and enable power saving options such as 'Put Unused Apps To Sleep' and 'Adaptive Battery'.

As a further troubleshooting step you can restart the phone in Safe Mode via the steps below before you go to bed and check the battery usage in the morning to see if you notice an improvement. If you do, I recommend disabling or removing any recently installed applications as this may be where the issue is stemming from.

Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the A50 logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.

I just checked in the settings and 'Put Unused Apps To Sleep' and 'Adaptive Battery' are both turned on already previously, also I will try doing the Safe Mode restart as you stated before bed but what if that doesn't fix the problem, should I just service the phone at that point?

Thanks for your fast and kind responses.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Quantumm: No problem. If you find that your battery issues persist then it wouldn't hurt to get the device inspected. You can find your nearest Support Centre by checking the following link, selecting 'Mobile Device' and entering your post code:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

Let me know how you get on
Quantumm
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@Quantumm: No problem. If you find that your battery issues persist then it wouldn't hurt to get the device inspected. You can find your nearest Support Centre by checking the following link, selecting 'Mobile Device' and entering your post code:

Alright then thanks, the only thing is I'm not from the UK rather Croatia. So I'm not sure if we have any Samsung Centres here.

0 Likes
Quantumm
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL wrote:

Alright so putting into safe mode didn't do the trick. It went from 100% to 78%  by the time I woke up, so I guess I'll have to service it.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes