Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A8 2018 MUST Get Android 10 - Petition

(Topic created on: 03-03-2020 03:42 PM)
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Samsung's update policy, which means every phone gets 2 major updates MUST change. The Galaxy A8 2018 launched in January 2018 with nougat, before the s9 and Oreo while the j7 duo launched 2 months later with Oreo . This means the j7 duo, sold at exactly the same time as the A8, probably for half the price, will get android 10 while the A8 will not. Also, most A8 owners bought it after Oreo rolled out, 2-3 months later so not updating the phone to the newest version on android and making it a year's update before a worse phone should not be acceptable. And this may happen just because it was launched with a 1.5 year old os and had it for about 2 months. The Samsung update policy of 2 years is a lie for the A8 and a 2017 devices - it is more like only 1⅓ years of updates. Also there is nothing that the A6 2018 and all of the 2018 j series do better than the a8, despite all being sold at the same time and they will get android 10. Last year there was a similar petition for A 2017 devices to get pie, but Samsung didnt update them. Hopefully they do read this and learn that they won't make more sales of newer devices if they don't update older ones - it would just further damage their reputation. We must convince them to do this not just for the A8, but other devices like the S8 and note8 and for future updates as well. Android 10 will not roll out to Samsung devices for months, but if this is started now we can let them know early on so they have no excuses of not having enough time to make a new update, etc

206 REPLIES 206
SPodrezenok1
First Poster
Options
Agree!
0 Likes
Folan
Student
Options

agree

0 Likes
dpts
Pioneer
Options
0 Likes
KlemenC
Pioneer
Options

At least our problem is getting exposure somewhere... Well in the other post on the forum with practicali the same name, there is a reply from a mod which is considered a solution to the problem. So there we have it, Pontius Pilate style ftw. 

dpts
Pioneer
Options

Yes I've also seen that " solution" from a mod and I have to say that his apologize was really helpfull..😤 By the way I don't expect that the galaxy a8 will get android 10, despite that bunch of fair facts which we've already articulated. But indeed finding articles about this topic is really nice..

0 Likes
leonlee
Apprentice
Options

If samsung does not update my A8 plus, this will definitely my last samsung device though l love samsung device so much. l am sure other A8 owners feel the same that l do that is betrayal from samsung. 

0 Likes
dpts
Pioneer
Options

Of course I'll do the same buying an iphone. A friend of mine has had an iphone 6s since 2015, but still he got the latest ios version !!

KlemenC
Pioneer
Options

Yes, in this situation i understand why iphone has such a fanbase. If Sony would stil make a compact ip68 certified phone i would probably switch there. Now I'll use A8 for a year still, then we will see.

wyso
First Poster
Options

Please update Galaxy A8 2018 to Android 10. Thank you

0 Likes
Bubumb
Journeyman
Options

A8 2018 MUST get android 10.  And camera slowmotion and super slowmotion. Why not? Only big update from oreo to pie. I don't want to buy another phone. Samsung make the update.

0 Likes