Support

Open search

Galaxy A8 2018 MUST Get Android 10 - Petition

Highlighted

I will like Samsung Galaxy A8 update to Android 10.

Highlighted
Apprentice

l bought the samsung galaxy A8 plus on Sept 2018 at the time of Oreo8, but l technical get updated only to pie9. This appears to be unfair for the device bought only less than one and half year but only got one major update. Samsung galaxy A8 plus should get Android 10 update entitlement. l hope Samsung need to look at this from customers' perspective instead of keeping the customers feel cheated otherwise.

Highlighted
Explorer

I fully agree,
The A8 can go out with Oreo while Piel was already out, I don't understand why they chose it. I hope they still update it, otherwise I'm going to look for another brand, this is yet another disappointment from Samsung.

Highlighted
Explorer

As there is no reply from either mods and/or Samsung management, i think that silence is their answer and there will be no update. 

Looks like the only option is to be sure which sistem you buy your phone with, or just not buy Samsung anymore. Their midrange phones don't have IP rating anymore so i will probably do the later.

Highlighted
Explorer

I think that 90% of people that bought this phone were upgrading to oreo straight out of the box, so counting this as first major update is laughable, and this is why we feel like we have been swindled.

Samsung are hiding behind their policy, because they save/make money this way. Buisiness as usual. They want to incentivise us to buy a new phone for updates...

I came to terms that i don"t need updates and that my A8 will serve me (pie or 10) until it dies. Than i will consider my options...

Apprentice
Finally I took the decision to change to other brand (which guarantées 3 major updates). Disapointed by Samsung, I don't think I'll be back too soon.
Highlighted
Back for More
我不能接受我的2018 a8+不能使用Android 10
Highlighted
Apprentice

That's right! Why there is no reply from any mod? 

Highlighted
Explorer

@NumLock0 Good question. I will research if there was their a reply to S8 petition.

Highlighted
Explorer

Propably, cause they don't give a ***** about their consumers

Top Liked Authors