Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A71 yellow tint left side of screen

(Topic created on: 02-04-2020 01:46 AM)
adymock94
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I have only had my A71 for a few days but have noticed quite an annoying issue whereby there is an odd yellow tint to the left side of the screen which comes and goes randomly. I have looked online and seen other users with a similar issue on other devices but there's was solved via turning off the blue light filter.

The issue I have doesn't appear to be related to the blue light filter as I have never turned it on. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

106 REPLIES 106
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If this was my phone after owning it for a few days I'd be looking at swapping it out under any relevant cooling off period @adymock94 

If your picking up the phone in a store then power it up in house to check its display.

You could look at changing the display settings if your model of phone has this feature.

Its normally found in Settings - Display - Screen Mode - Choose Vivid - Advanced Settings.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
SherrySid
First Poster
Options

Hey same issue with my A71. First i thougth its just a bug in the software but as days are passing I think its a hardware issue. Did you find any fix or take it to the service center?

0 Likes
AngelaMae
Apprentice
Options

I have only had my phone for a week now and I see this yellow tint as well. At first I thought it was just my eyes since sometimes it doesnt appear. However, now I notice it more often. The yellow tint shows up to the right of my screen

0 Likes
Mikhaila
First Poster
Options

I have also experienced this issue but on the right side of my phone bought this on March 6 and am not sure if they'll replace this phone.

0 Likes
Ammad_
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I guess the issue is with all A71 phones. I got mine, used it for a day or two and found the issue was on low brigthness level (around ~10-20% brightness). I sent my phone back to Samsung, they checked it confirmed the issue and sent me a new one which is also having the same problem but on different side. The 1st one was showing at the bottom of the screen while the new one is showing on the right side and that too on same brightness levels as the previous one. I think all A71s are having this issue. Let's hope Samsung comes out with a solution as it's extremely annoying. 

Ammad_
Journeyman
Options

And the tint mainly appears on grey color as especially on WhatsApp Dark mode. 

AngelaMae
Apprentice
Options

I can attest to this

The reason why most of us A71 users may leave this unnoticed is because it's only most visible when the screen's brightness is low. It also only appears in differing values of gray backgrounds like this samsung community site itself or the netflix app or the telegram app or the gmail app or even the built-in messages app. It disappears in completely black backgrounds or portions of the screen

Ammad_
Journeyman
Options

The problem is that once you see it you can't unsee it and it's extremely annoying. Samsung should do something about this.

0 Likes
Carlossiii
Student
Options

I have the same issue but at the bottom of the diplay, always ate 10%~20% of brightness and on grey scales. That's really bad for user experience, never had anything close to that on my 5 years old Galaxy Note 4 and now I have on a brand new Samsung devide. We need some answers about that, please Samsung, do something.

0 Likes