Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A70 fingerprint scanner issue

(Topic created on: 01-06-2019 02:44 PM)
Khen
Journeyman
Options

Been using it for more than a week now and I keep having this unlocking problem for like three to five times a day. Screen won't respond regardless of how hard you press your finger on the on-screen scanner area. Will have to press the power button instead to unlock using face recognition. Anyone having the same?

182 REPLIES 182
Madiha
First Poster
Options

I am also having three same problem so I added 2 finger prints. Now if my 1st finger is no match then my 2nd finger is a match and i guess its like a pattern for example if i unlocked with my 1st finger and locked the screen then the 2nd time my 2nd finger will be able to unlock  not the 1st one and in my 3rd attempt  my 1st finger will  be able to unlock and so on

0 Likes
Boringpie
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Updates only helped a tiny bit. 80% of the time the sensor doesn't work. Have tried recalibrating the fingerprint many times by following various instructions on YouTube. But it shouldn't be that hard. A $100 Chinese phone works way better than this.

Hassan_Manila
Apprentice
Options

Can you also try it without using the register glass? I have removed the tempered glass, and it is working relatively smoothly.

0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

I removed my glass screen protector some time ago - still terrible!

0 Likes
DrBristow
Apprentice
Options

I've had the A70 nearly a week and am having issues with the fingerprint sensor. When I pick up my phone my first thought is will it actually unlock ok this time? I've posted my old Moto G5 back to Samsung as I traded it in so cant really ask for a refund. The scanner on the G5 was faultless for almost 2 years. My iPhone 6 scanner which is years old works better than the A70.

After the scanner on the A70 fails 3 times I go to settings and check my fingerprints and it recognises all three first try. It's the unlock screen that is flaky. Its annoying re adding fingerprints as you then have to re login to anything that used the fingerprint.

This is my first Samsung phone and I'm starting to wish I went for the Moto G7.

I wouldn't recommend the Samsung A70 due to the fingerprint scanner problems. I'm getting tired of entering a password to unlock my phone.

0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

Agree, it's not good. Have you tried face unlock? That works well for me. But fingerprints are still demanded by some apps (Android Pay etc). They do say of you return a phone they will either try return your trade-in or give market value.

0 Likes
Shee0
First Poster
Options
Fingerprint rarely works sometimes feels so disgrace while all my friends making joke of my A70
0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

The correct model number for this phone is perhaps the "Samsung A70 - No Match" :winking-face:

0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

Well I just got latest update. Build number ending ASF5. Fingerprint graphic has changed on unlock, so let's see if they did anything with the sensor performance!

0 Likes
Rahul_B
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. Seems to be a software issue rather than hardware. When I use fingerprint to access my bank's app every time it works on the first try. However, when I try to use it to unlock my phone or for samsung pass, its a nightmare. Several times, I have had to finally use the password to unlock. This is an issue right from the day I bought my phone 2 weeks ago

0 Likes