Support

Open search

Galaxy A70 fingerprint scanner issue

TracyR Moderator

If you're having the issue I'd advise that you submit an error report, along with the log dump, to the Samsung Members app. Go to: Samsung Members > Get Help > Submit Feedback > Error Report.

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

Apprentice
Log dump?
TracyR Moderator

@RichAC  - The phone will collect this automatically when you go to submit an error report, it's info the developers can use to pinpoint issues. 

Sherlock 2.jpg
Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

Apprentice

@TracyR Next stupid question - how/where to submit an error report ?

AndrewL Moderator
To submit an error report please open the Samsung Members app and go to 'Get Help > Submit Feedback > Error Report'.
Apprentice
Hi Rich! I think I discovered the reason why the scanner would not work after pulling it out of my pocket. I noticed that it was counting down when I pressed the power button. I think because the scanner is too sensitive that even if you cover your finger with a cloth it can still detect it thats why when inside the pocket, it detects the skin of the leg which it doesnt recognize then ending up disabling the fingerprint scanner. Could also simulate the senario?
Apprentice

Interesting. Where do you see it counting down?

Apprentice
Just around the fingerprint scanner area. Sometimes it says, it may be dirty and sometimes it's counting down.

You can turn the screen sensitivity up when using a screen protector have you tried that

I have the same issues as well. Got a software update yet the onscreen fingerprint unlock is still a nightmare on my A70.

Top Liked Authors