Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A70 fingerprint scanner issue

(Topic created on: 01-06-2019 02:44 PM)
Khen
Journeyman
Options

Been using it for more than a week now and I keep having this unlocking problem for like three to five times a day. Screen won't respond regardless of how hard you press your finger on the on-screen scanner area. Will have to press the power button instead to unlock using face recognition. Anyone having the same?

182 REPLIES 182
Gaboros
Student
Options

Fix this already! The finger print scanner is totally usless in A50. You can't even register it properly because it's almost always throw out at 41%. Even if you can register it, it won't recignize you fingerpring, just very rarely... That's not what I paid for. 

0 Likes
SafiullahKakkar
First Poster
Options

Since I've bought my Galaxy A70, I do have problem with its fingerprint sensor. However it's currently running latest android version, I takes ling time to recognize my fingerprint, and even sometimes can't.. 

I have tried lots of scans in different angels.. Unfortunately it's a serious problem which wastes lots of time.. 

0 Likes
Surly71
First Poster
Options

I too have the same issue as everyone else to the point that now the fingerprint sensor wont recognise fingerprints. I've rebooted the phone and deleted all previous fingerprint data and now it wont let me  register any fingerprints.  It gets to about 41% then just states I'm not covering the sensor properly.  This has only happened recently so an update must have gone out to my phone on EE recently.

I'm ot going to have to weaken my pass-pin as in the dark the face recognition doesn't work very well.

Come on Samsung...you're better than this.

0 Likes
Cross90
Apprentice
Options

The only thing you can do is use the face unlock which works reasonably well, and at night, plug in your code! It's basically the only option. I like Samsung and have enjoyed using their phones for many years, but this will be my last phone and I will move to IOS for simplicity and reliability! 

0 Likes
Yannis3
First Poster
Options

Hi every one as i see the issu sims to be fixed in the Android 10 update i unlock it like 9/10

But however still have a problem with  the finger print reader animation any solution?

(i did a hard reset but nothing)Screenshot_20200403-125947_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
Marksz
First Poster
Options
  1. Open Settings from the home screen.
  2. Scroll down the page.
  3. Tap Biometrics .

4. Tap Fingerprints.
  5. Enter your PIN and hit Next.
  6. Tap the Show icon when screen is off menu option.
  7. Select Tap to show/On AOD(if you ise it). Choosing this setting will make sure the fingerprint sensor icon is always on.

0 Likes
Yannis3
First Poster
Options
Hier There
Srry for miss understending but i'm talking about the green circle animation and not the finger print icône
I should have like water wave animation when it read my finger print but as you see i have an ugly green circle
Any solution ???
0 Likes
Yannis3
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20200405-004331_Settings.jpg

The seeting is already enabled

0 Likes
Lespecko
First Poster
Options

Sorry, your advice wasn't usefull. It really doesn't change anything. ON/OFF Ugly green circle is still there!

0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
The animation is just the standard ugly green circle now, no water ripple effect , just the weird green radiating circle.
There is no official way to change this as yet , that I know of
0 Likes