Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A70 fingerprint scanner issue

(Topic created on: 10-12-2019 11:43 AM)
Khen
Journeyman
Options

Been using it for more than a week now and I keep having this unlocking problem for like three to five times a day. Screen won't respond regardless of how hard you press your finger on the on-screen scanner area. Will have to press the power button instead to unlock using face recognition. Anyone having the same?

182 REPLIES 182
Nicolas2187
First Poster
Options

Try recording your fingerprint in different profiles each with a different level of pressure when you press your fingerprint.

0 Likes
Nicolas2187
First Poster
Options

Here is a better method. The idea is to do bootstrapping aggregation for the fingerprint using your three profiles.

Delete all your fingerprint profiles.

Create your first profile: this must be representative your finger, so place your finger in the different  positions that you normally use to unlock, and with different pressures on your screen. Now that you have set your profile 1 use it as normal. 

Once the sensor starts to consistently  fail ( not just one failure but a considerable amount of consecutive failures) set your profile 2 mirroring the same conditions that led to the fingerprint  sensor failures.

Repeat for profile 3.

If no consistent failure is found after your second profile is done you can do an outlier profile.

Each sensor failure will normally occur when using the edges of your fingerprint.  So when scanning your finger for profile 3 use only the edges of your finger to create the profile. 

Following this I managed almost 100% correct detection

0 Likes
Cross90
Apprentice
Options

I have had my a70 for roughly 4 months and have had various software updates throughout that time. Each update seems to affect the fingerprint sensor. They have all improved each time, up until the last one which has made it unusable. I am now using face unlock. When I first got the phone it would constantly unlock in my pocket and call people etc. I have had many samsungs and never owned an iPhone, however this phone, apart from the battery has been abit disappointing and I'm now considering a switch. I just want a phone that works and doesn't over complicate things. 

World_citizenBA
First Poster
Options
It works nicely with the new November update. One problem. It doesn't allow fingerprints to be registered. I can't decide what is worse, fingerprint scanner not unlocking or fingerprints not even being able to be registered!
0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

A

GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
My A70 was hit and miss on fingerprint unlock but then I wiped all fingerprints and then re registered them.
I tried a different process which is the following.

During each individual registration of finger I scanned my finger slowly until it told me to lift my finger.
I scanned while holding my phone and while the device was flat on a desk, to get a different angle (not sure if this is the exact reason it works better now)
But my now my fingerprint reader is more efficient and unlocks slightly quicker.

1) So do the tap and hold until told to lift your finger or thumb.
2) Rotate your finger or thumb slightly each time.
3) scan your finger or thumb both whilst holding your device as well as lying on a desk/box/floor whatever you want, just to get a more detailed scan.
4) don't rush the taps/scans because this is an optical sensor and is physically reading your fingerprint, not like the older type scanners which use electrical waves.

You might need to scan your main unlocking finger twice to include more detail, more angles, etc just to cover any missed areas of print not captured in your first scan.

I have my main finger registered twice and my thumb once as a backup print because fingerprint skin damage can affect the unlocking, like dry cracked skin, cuts ,etc
0 Likes
dvdpal
First Poster
Options

Yes, I have same issue with my A70 and wife's A50

0 Likes
ulybong
First Poster
Options

got the same issue. I have to reset the phone in order to make the unlock work again.

0 Likes
Cross90
Apprentice
Options

Right so after trying various different methods and also after many updates fom Samsung, the basic truth is the fingerprint scanners on the Galaxy A range are usless. I have owned many Samsung Smartphones including Flagship level phones and to be fair they are on the whole, brilliant. However as smartphones have evolved, they have all become good at what they do which has forced samsung to push their phones to the max and offer tech that basically nobody needs. Take the the s20 ultra for example, why would I need 100x zoom to take a blurry photo? When would I need to use that? This can make their phones too complex leading to issues like we have with the fingerprint sensor. After many issues with my A70 including software(whatsapp camera) and Hardware(fingerprint sensor,which is probably software aswell) and also the usual disconnect between android and samsung, I have decided to move to apple for a more simple and pure experience. I would like to leave behind the android lag which you get from samsung skins and move to a more clinical and simple, does what it says on the tin, experience. Yes I will miss the organisation of android, the more advanced features like easy to access fast charging, and obviously split screen ability etc but I think for general day to day use, an iphone will get the job done and be alot more reliable!

0 Likes
cedrick22
First Poster
Options

Ang hirap mag regiter sa A70 KO...SIMULA NG NAG SOFTWARE UP DATE ANG SAMSUNG......NAKAILAN ULIT NA AKO SA PAG REREGISTER ....AYAW PA DIN...HAYS...BALIK NYO NGA YUNG DATING VERSION NG A70....SAHALIP NA PAGANDAHIN NYO....LALO NYO PINASAMA EHH........KASE NG CP NG KAPATID KO PAREHAS LANG KAMI...ANG HIRAP DIN MAG REGISTER...SIMULA NG NAG UPDATE KAYO....HAY PAKI AYOS NAMAN SAMSUNG!!!!

0 Likes