Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A70 fingerprint scanner issue

(Topic created on: 21-11-2019 03:02 PM)
Khen
Journeyman
Options

Been using it for more than a week now and I keep having this unlocking problem for like three to five times a day. Screen won't respond regardless of how hard you press your finger on the on-screen scanner area. Will have to press the power button instead to unlock using face recognition. Anyone having the same?

182 REPLIES 182
Freedom
First Poster
Options

Same here. The scanner is awesome  now!

0 Likes
Alex1933
First Poster
Options

I bought a new Galaxy A-70 set up finger print ID ande whern I try to use it it does not recognize it I just want to remove it completley and not use any any biometric ID I need advise hot to get rid of it 

0 Likes
A70uselessfinge
Apprentice
Options

Dear Samsung techie. 

It works better but not great after the latest update brightened and enlarged the green scanner light. It usually works fine inside apps when the screen is on. Can you test "turning up the brightness" a bit more on the lock screen.  The volume of posts about this are surely worth giving it a go. 

Asyraf_Razin
First Poster
Options

I have temporary solution. Got it from my cousin. You can register your same thumb several time with slight difference in position to increase the chance of recognition.

A70uselessfinge
Apprentice
Options

Good thinking. I noticed that it works at some angles but not others. I'll give it a go. Hopefully some software tweaks could make this a more permanent solution. 

0 Likes
sinamcr7
First Poster
Options
how do you train your fingerprint? after the latest update, I can't train any fingers and it goes at most up to 40 percent but then it stuck there and doesn't go further anymore
0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

Are you moving it around a bit each press?

0 Likes
WoodyWhatever
First Poster
Options

I've taken 2 phones with problems to Samsung in Perth, both times no fault found but they say that they have installed the latest firmware... Seems like a standard reply.... Both phones still have issues 

0 Likes
Mok3
First Poster
Options

Try restarting your a70, it worked for me

0 Likes
WoodyWhatever
First Poster
Options

@Mok3 wrote:

Try restarting your a70, it worked for me

Yes I restarted it several times but still hit and miss