Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A70 fingerprint scanner issue

(Topic created on: 23-10-2019 06:54 AM)
Khen
Journeyman
Options

Been using it for more than a week now and I keep having this unlocking problem for like three to five times a day. Screen won't respond regardless of how hard you press your finger on the on-screen scanner area. Will have to press the power button instead to unlock using face recognition. Anyone having the same?

182 REPLIES 182
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

Are you sure you got the correct update? Did if force delete your fingerprints as part of the update?

0 Likes
nunofduarte
Journeyman
Options
Are there any other updates?
If I try to update now it says that it is up to date (A705FNXXU3ASI2).
When it installed the update the fingerprints were deleted and I scanned new ones.
0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

Yep, that's the same version as mine. Post update mine is 'amazingly good' to be honest, I have found myself using the fingerprint instead of the face often, as it's that quick/reliable. 

Not sure if it's any use, I have 'Touch Sensitivity' OFF in settings (Display section) and I have no screen protector fitted.

0 Likes
nunofduarte
Journeyman
Options
I have a screen protector and the touch sensitivity was on. Turned it off now. Let's see if it improves...
0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

as a benchmark, I just unlocked it 10 times in a row with my thumbprint to check success rate.. 10/10! There is NO WAY that would have worked before the update (more like 2/10! on a luck day!).

0 Likes
nunofduarte
Journeyman
Options
2/10 is where I've been...
0 Likes
A70uselessfinge
Apprentice
Options
Same problem with the finger print scanner. The one on the back of my old pixel 2 was flawless. This one works half the time but that's not much use. Very rubbish tech "advance" having it on the screen.
0 Likes
Steve_J
Apprentice
Options

If the update didn't delete the old finger prints, then I would say you don't have the latest software release.

0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

Worth doing the *#0*# and checking the sensor?

0 Likes
A70uselessfinge
Apprentice
Options

What does that string of characters mean?  It works sometimes. Just very unreliable. 

0 Likes