Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A70 fingerprint scanner issue

(Topic created on: 16-10-2019 09:32 AM)
Khen
Journeyman
Options

Been using it for more than a week now and I keep having this unlocking problem for like three to five times a day. Screen won't respond regardless of how hard you press your finger on the on-screen scanner area. Will have to press the power button instead to unlock using face recognition. Anyone having the same?

182 REPLIES 182
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

@Yannis3 wrote:

the issue is when you scan your fingerprint There is a ugly green circle effect 

any solution ?

green.JPG

You mean this? If so, then it's normal behavour, I don't think there is any way to customize that in themes or anything, so you are stuck with it I guess.  I kinda like it, but everyone has different taste :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Lou_JW
First Poster
Options

Yes mine ends in U3ASH1 and I've checked for updates but it states I am up to date as of 14th October!?

0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

@Lou_JW wrote:

Yes mine ends in U3ASH1 and I've checked for updates but it states I am up to date as of 14th October!?

Differnt regions and differnet providers will be on a different update schedule (in the UK, it depends on how you bought your phone, or even I (think) what sim was in it when you first set it up. I bought mine from Samsung direct, and set it up wihtout a sim (deliberately). If you have a phone that came from a network provider, it sometimes has to wait for a provider specific build (added bloatware) - or that's how I think it works (I am no expert).. The 14th October is likely just the 'last checked' date. You will certainly know when you get the update, it pops up a message during the update to say the fingerprint functionality has been improved and all fingerprints will be deleted. I have been MOST critical of this funcitonality (and I thought it was the hardware, so would never be fixed), but it's almost perfect now, practically 100% unlock rate.. 

0 Likes
Lou_JW
First Poster
Options

Ok that's really useful to know, I'll look out for this update soon. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
IIISTANIII
First Poster
Options

I find it works better if you only have one method of face unlock enabled.

You can set all three methods (Lift to wake/Face Unlock and Fingerprint) at the same time.

If you disable two of these methods and only use one it is better.

0 Likes
Yannis3
First Poster
Options

Sans titre.png

Yep
this one look realy ugly compared to the water wave that some other A70 and A50 have don't know if it's a layout bug or somting else,  i realy don't like it 

0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

@Yannis3 wrote:

Sans titre.png

Yep
this one look realy ugly compared to the water wave that some other A70 and A50 have don't know if it's a layout bug or somting else,  i realy don't like it 

It came with a previous update, and does not cause some functionally issue, so is a feature, not a bug I am afraid.

0 Likes
Yannis3
First Poster
Options
So how can i active the old layout ?
0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

Bottom line, I don't think you can. You can try asking Samsung to make it a configurable option, maybe they will consider it.. 

0 Likes
nunofduarte
Journeyman
Options

Hi all, 

I have the last (?) update installed. October 14th.

The improvements are few or none. 

It's really hard to unlock the phone via fingerprint and nearly impossible to use it to access most apps.

Samsung, what are you doing?! 

0 Likes