Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A70 fingerprint scanner issue

(Topic created on: 15-09-2019 02:38 PM)
Khen
Journeyman
Options

Been using it for more than a week now and I keep having this unlocking problem for like three to five times a day. Screen won't respond regardless of how hard you press your finger on the on-screen scanner area. Will have to press the power button instead to unlock using face recognition. Anyone having the same?

182 REPLIES 182
Steve_J
Apprentice
Options

This is the software upgrade I received a few days after buying phone - phone bought on the 7th Sept 2019

http://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-A705FN/XEU/doc.html

0 Likes
nunofduarte
Journeyman
Options
I've been running that last update since it came out. Perhaps a little better, but still problematic. I've given up unlocking the phone with fingerprints altogether.
Some apps are unlocked with it easily, but other are a nightmare.
So I'm guessing it is a software and not an hardware issue.
Please Samsung ear us out!
0 Likes
NimoNM
Journeyman
Options

Have it 27 days and no finger print issues to me.I had problem too but stop thinking about that software issues and position your finger better at the sensor at the middle of your finger not the edges or being angled when you press the sensor.This help for me and almost every time works maybe from 100 unlocks 95 or 90 are from the first try.Its all about position and not angling your finger.

Steve_J
Apprentice
Options

I think you're correct regarding finger positioning - works well once you get it right ...

0 Likes
Steve_J
Apprentice
Options

I also turned off transition effects ...

0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

Can you explain more what you mean about ginger position please? At registration, you have to move it in different ways, as it forces you to?

0 Likes
Steve_J
Apprentice
Options

Not when registering, but when using it to unlock phone. It will not unlock if you are slightly out of position with your finger/thumb - I now get it right most of the time.

0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

Thanks, will try...

0 Likes
NimoNM
Journeyman
Options
When you unlock your device just position your finger correctly at the sensor make sure that the sensor is in the middle of the finger also do not angle your finger when you unlock because the phone is a bit heavier at the top and this may cause your finger to be a bit of an angle.once you get use to it you will be fine.most important is to position the green sensor at the middle of your finger not the edges.
Rebel28
First Poster
Options

Can Samsung at least give us opportunity to add more than 3 fingers? I would rather add one fingerprint three times than try to place it differently each time

0 Likes