Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A70 fingerprint scanner issue

(Topic created on: 27-07-2019 05:57 PM)
Khen
Journeyman
Options

Been using it for more than a week now and I keep having this unlocking problem for like three to five times a day. Screen won't respond regardless of how hard you press your finger on the on-screen scanner area. Will have to press the power button instead to unlock using face recognition. Anyone having the same?

182 REPLIES 182
Mike451
Explorer
Options
Hi members I was taking about the Samsung Galaxy A50 phone about the fingerprint scanner. Not the A70 model.
0 Likes
Mike451
Explorer
Options

UK, London 

0 Likes
AJay2
First Poster
Options

the worst fingerprint system everrrrrr
never buy the A series and save your money ....

i have same issued with my A70

i have to scan my finger for 4 or 5 times everytime i want to acess my mobile .

0 Likes
DrBristow
Apprentice
Options

I've actually been getting a good success rate by rolling my thumb onto the sensor from either the bottom or top of my fingerprint, applying a little pressure and then rolling it off the opposite way. It's almost like you have to roll your finger over the sensor like when you see someone being fingerprinted on TV the old fashioned way with ink. I have a cheapy tempered glass protector on as well.

After years of using a regular sensor I guess I expect them all to work the same way but the on screen ones seem to require a different contact to work.

The 'trick' seems to be, roll on, apply a little pressure and as you roll off it unlocks. Well it does in my case. Yesterday I actually had to enter my password for security reasons as I hadn't entered  it days for the first time.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I have the A50 and am quite frustrated with the fingerprint scanner, I've set up facial recognition which to be fair is excellent and much more reliable compared to the fingerprint scanner

0 Likes
nunofduarte
Journeyman
Options

Same here, with an A70! I have the May update.

0 Likes
Khen
Journeyman
Options

I've just updated mine this morning and so far, it just takes me 1-2 attempts to unlock my phone from 4-5 times prior updating even if my finger is a bit dry. Thanks samsung for doing your best to give us a better experience. I'm positive that you can arrest this issue one update at a time. Kudos and have a positive day everyone. 

0 Likes
NbatbsMatk
First Poster
Options
I have same issues.
My finger scanner doesn't read over 5 times in a roll on a daily basis. It surprised me, later, it just makes my user experience unpleasant.
I am considering have another one.
0 Likes
Kevviem
First Poster
Options

My A70 keep telling me my fingerprint data has been corrupted. I set up a new one and it works for a couple of hours then gets corrupted again. Very frustrating. 

0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

I have never seen a specific corrupted message, but I have experienced them degrading over a short number of days for sure.

Currently the performace of mine is bad, rather than inoperable. Maybe works 3rd time if I am lucky... 

0 Likes