Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A70 fingerprint scanner issue

(Topic created on: 24-07-2019 11:37 AM)
Khen
Journeyman
Options

Been using it for more than a week now and I keep having this unlocking problem for like three to five times a day. Screen won't respond regardless of how hard you press your finger on the on-screen scanner area. Will have to press the power button instead to unlock using face recognition. Anyone having the same?

182 REPLIES 182
Rahul_B
First Poster
Options
No such luck . Even after the update, it is as bad as ever
0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

20190718_094801.jpg

So the update I got last night changed the fingerprint graphic, to a new one as above and does indeed seem to have improved performance somewhat significantly. Bit early to celebrate yet, as previously it degraded over time. But will see... Fingers crossed!

0 Likes
The_Professor
Student
Options

Having the same issue .... very intermittent and particularly bad in strong sunlight ... a real letdown after the reliably of the scanner on the old S6.

0 Likes
Mike451
Explorer
Options

Please note that your Samsung Galaxy A70 phone has a screen protector installed by Samsung Electronics to make sure that your phone doesn't have any scratches on the screen. So please go to a local phone shop and ask for the person to install a new proper screen protector and ask them to take off the the installed screen protector and replace with a new one and turn off the phone and restart. You'll be able to unlock your screen with the fingerprint sensor and have no more problems anymore. 

0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

I'm in UK and I don't believe there is a factory fitted screen protector on mine.

0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

Update after latest s/w patch. Still terrible. Degrades quickly over time. None of the 3 fingers I recorded a few days ago work anymore.

0 Likes
Siddiq
First Poster
Options

Same issue I am facing 

0 Likes
Marina80
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the same issue here and It is awful.

Even after the last sw update, fingerprint works only a few times then it is forgotten.

Using Face recognition but that is more than disappointing.

0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

It's about time Samsung accepted that this problem exists and address it openly with some sort of remedy. Be it software or modifying and reissuing hardware. I would take a surface mounted, working, sensor over the failed in-screen sensor. 

0 Likes
DrBristow
Apprentice
Options

I've found since the update that added the animation to the unlock screen its a little quicker when it does manage to recognise my fingerprint.

Its like your finger must be the same... dryness? as when you stored your print. Ater washing hands and drying them it wont unlock. If they are a little sweaty on a hot summers day it wont unlock. It's not very good in sunlight either. 

I'm using smart lock now with my bluetooth headphones as a work around. It's easier just to turn them on than try the fingerprint scanner again after it fails after a couple tries.

I've had this phone two weeks and I already know what I want on my next phone. An actual dedicated fingerprint scanner like my last two phones had.

0 Likes