Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A70 fingerprint scanner issue

(Topic created on: 27-06-2019 10:10 AM)
Khen
Journeyman
Options

Been using it for more than a week now and I keep having this unlocking problem for like three to five times a day. Screen won't respond regardless of how hard you press your finger on the on-screen scanner area. Will have to press the power button instead to unlock using face recognition. Anyone having the same?

182 REPLIES 182
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

I have a new A70 with the latest patch and also got my OH an A50. Fingerprint scanner is practically useless on both these devices (in any real world scenario), shame, otherwise great phone. I worry that software updates won't help the situation, as perhaps it's the underlying technology.

0 Likes
Khen
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for that Bry. Yes I agree with you. I just made an adjustment on my habit of putting it in my pocket screen facing the skin. Instead, I getting myself used to the other way around (rear side facing the skin). In addition to my frustration and also could be yours too, soon, I noticed that the frame on the outer part of the screen just fades like there are some dirt on it but actually it was the quality of the frame itself. So very disappointed with this. I almost decided to ask for a refund if I can just afford to buy iPhone XR I will definitely shift to Apple. Unfortunately, I just accepted the situation for some reason. I hope Samsung sees all these comments and make a positive response and action to it. I didn't expect that my frustration would rise to this point.
0 Likes
Hassan_Manila
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I am also facing the fingerprint issues with Samsung A70. I have even factory reset my new phone, but the issues remains the same. Fingerprint works only occasionally, and it is not very smooth. Sometimes, it simply does not work. I have also removed the tempered glass, but still it does not work smoothly. I am very disappointed and thinking to sell it.

Bry040
Pioneer
Options

Latest update fixed this.

Khen
Journeyman
Options
I guess you'll just have to do the same thing I did Hassan. I feel you. Removing the tempered glass won't help either. I also felt the same thing but decided not to because of some reasons.
0 Likes
Hassan_Manila
Apprentice
Options

I was having the issues regarding the finger print sensor not working properly. I have made certain changes. I have removed the tempered glass and replaced it with TPU film protector. Secondly . While registering finger prints, I registered there fingerprints but by slightly touching the screen. I would suggest don't apply force while registering your fingerprints. After that I also disabled the transition effects of the biometrics and enhance the touch sensitivity. After restarting the phone it is working with well and smoothly.

0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

I genuinley hope it's fixed for you, but you may also be experiencing what I have, that the day you re-record your fingerprints, it seems to work well (or well enough), but then this degrades over coming days (and doesn't work in real world situations, coffee shop etc). Good luck!

Hassan_Manila
Apprentice
Options
Well let me monitor it and I update you after free days. But one thing that working with TPU film is not very enjoyable completed to the tempered glass.
0 Likes
Bry040
Pioneer
Options

I removed my glass screen protector and am using it without anything right now. Just took me 8 attempts to unlock with fingerprint. Screen is beautiful without a protector :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Hassan_Manila
Apprentice
Options

After the latest software update,  30 June, 2019, apparently the fingerprint sensor is working relatively smoothly. 

0 Likes