Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A70 fingerprint scanner issue

(Topic created on: 08-06-2019 04:55 PM)
Khen
Journeyman
Options

Been using it for more than a week now and I keep having this unlocking problem for like three to five times a day. Screen won't respond regardless of how hard you press your finger on the on-screen scanner area. Will have to press the power button instead to unlock using face recognition. Anyone having the same?

182 REPLIES 182
TracyR
Options

If you're having the issue I'd advise that you submit an error report, along with the log dump, to the Samsung Members app. Go to: Samsung Members > Get Help > Submit Feedback > Error Report.

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
RichAC
Journeyman
Options
Log dump?
0 Likes
TracyR
Options

@RichAC  - The phone will collect this automatically when you go to submit an error report, it's info the developers can use to pinpoint issues. 

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
RichAC
Journeyman
Options

@TracyR Next stupid question - how/where to submit an error report ?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
To submit an error report please open the Samsung Members app and go to 'Get Help > Submit Feedback > Error Report'.
0 Likes
Khen
Journeyman
Options
Hi Rich! I think I discovered the reason why the scanner would not work after pulling it out of my pocket. I noticed that it was counting down when I pressed the power button. I think because the scanner is too sensitive that even if you cover your finger with a cloth it can still detect it thats why when inside the pocket, it detects the skin of the leg which it doesnt recognize then ending up disabling the fingerprint scanner. Could also simulate the senario?
0 Likes
RichAC
Journeyman
Options

Interesting. Where do you see it counting down?

0 Likes
Khen
Journeyman
Options
Just around the fingerprint scanner area. Sometimes it says, it may be dirty and sometimes it's counting down.
0 Likes
James1987
First Poster
Options

You can turn the screen sensitivity up when using a screen protector have you tried that

0 Likes
Ntombee
First Poster
Options

I have the same issues as well. Got a software update yet the onscreen fingerprint unlock is still a nightmare on my A70.

0 Likes