Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A70. Seems that the only cable provided can't be used to connect the phone to a PC

(Topic created on: 20-01-2020 03:46 PM)
Tombar
Journeyman
Options

The cable supplied doesn't connect to a standard USB port - I don't understand why they dont6 provide such a basic option. Anyone know if the cable is just a charging cable  or also a data transfer one?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

could you provide a photo ?

0 Likes
Tombar
Journeyman
Options

20200120_125212.jpg

20200120_125150.jpg

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

The cable seems to be a USB-C to USB-C cable. You can use it both for data transfer and charging. Needs a charger with USB-C socket of course.

0 Likes
Tombar
Journeyman
Options

Yes, it is. Suppose I'll have to buy an adapter for USB. Good to know it transfers data anyway!

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Tombar  schrieb:

Yes, it is. Suppose I'll have to buy an adapter for USB. Good to know it transfers data anyway!

You probably mean USB-A . Btw : USB-C is the new standard, if there is any. It can transfer much more power than USB-A. If you want to connect to the PC ( which only provides USB-A ) you'll need an USB-A to USB-C cable.

usb.PNG

0 Likes
Tombar
Journeyman
Options

Yep, the original USB. I'm very surprised they don't supply an adapter with the phone

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Tombar  schrieb:

Yep, the original USB. I'm very surprised they don't supply an adapter with the phone

Because it's not the standard ( any more ).

0 Likes
Tombar
Journeyman
Options

Standard for what? Not as far as connecting to my PC or laptop. How hard is it to include an adaptor so that you can connect the phone?

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Tombar  schrieb:

Standard for what? Not as far as connecting to my PC or laptop. How hard is it to include an adaptor so that you can connect the phone?

Well, no offence meant, but the earth doesn't revolve around your PC or laptop .

https://www.howtogeek.com/211843/usb-type-c-explained-what-it-is-and-why-youll-want-it/

"USB-C is the emerging standard for charging and transferring data. Right now, it’s included in devices like the newest laptops, phones, and tablets and—given time—it’ll spread to pretty much everything that currently uses the older, larger USB connector."

"USB-C features a new, smaller connector shape that’s reversible so it’s easier to plug in. USB-C cables can carry significantly more power, so they can be used to charge larger devices like laptops. They also offer up to double the transfer speed of USB 3 at 10 Gbps. While connectors are not backwards compatible, the standards are, so adapters can be used with older devices.  "

0 Likes