Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A40 Not Charging

(Topic created on: 22-05-2020 02:17 PM)
MythicHyperion
First Poster
Options

My Samsung Galaxy A40 randomly stopped charging a couple weeks ago and I could press the Samsung logo to make it charge but recently it stopped charging completely and now the battery is flat and I haven't backed it up so I don't want to lose data. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Try to change the cable with another orginal samsung on and the charger too, alternatively try those 2 components on another phone.

If the other phone charges you should contact samsung assistance to have your phone checked and repaired.

Have a nice day!

0 Likes
ChCh
First Poster
Options

My Samsung phone stopped charging by the fast charger, it was still charging from my laptop. Other functions were normal. As it was still under warranty I gave it for repair. They accepted the phone with status "in good condition". However after a few days I received an offer from the service centre that I have to pay around 75% of the price of a new phone to change the motherboard. They sent two pictures as proof of physical damage. Not even the sales person at the counter could find any damage from the photos.

The offer for repair was for 75% of the new price, but without any guarantee that it will function properly after repair. In any case I have to pay the repair price plus postage. Best customer friendly proposal.

It is so disappointing that Samsung is refusing to accept legitimate warranty claims without any proper justification. I will avoid purchasing Samsung products in future.

0 Likes