Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gakaxy a40 bluetooth problems

(Topic created on: 03-07-2019 07:46 PM)
Gracie1901
First Poster
Options

I am unable to connect my new galaxy a40 to any of my bluetooth devices including my Fitbit hr and my car bluetooth. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do other than scream. 

5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If this was my situation I'd first check for any pending updates to both my bluetooth and devices I want to pair to @Gracie1901 

If there are none then try deleting any pairing and set it up again.

Another option would be to go into Settings , Apps,Bluetooth, Storage and clear the cache and data.

If no joy then a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
MerlinTG
First Poster
Options

I was about to raise my hands in the air and start running in circles screaming when I found some info on the www.

I managed to pair my car with my Galaxy A40 by restarting the phone in safe mode.

In safe mode I could find the car's bluetooth and pair it.

After that I turned the phone off and started it back to normal. Then I had to restart the phone once more to get my calendar to sync again.

The connection with my car is now ok.

I also have a Fitbit and it syncs with my phone, but I can't pair it to get the notifications from the phone. Strange...

0 Likes
gra15
First Poster
Options

hi I have the same problem. sent phone back and got replacement second phone still won't pair car or fit bit I won't be getting a third

0 Likes
BigGeoff
Student
Options
Can sync with fitbit and car but my car is a bit eratic - maybe not connecting 30% of the time but more about this here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-A-Series/A40-car-connection-issues/m-p/1355841#M1732
0 Likes
Salsaneet
First Poster
Options

@gra15 wrote:

hi I have the same problem. sent phone back and got replacement second phone still won't pair car or fit bit I won't be getting a third

@gra15 wrote:

I have the same.problem and have also got a replacement phone. Can't pair with my Fitbit or Garmin edge. Any suggestions 
0 Likes