Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Family link stopping location?

(Topic created on: 12-05-2020 08:21 PM)
Dani210
Student
Options

Hi, I've downloaded family link for my sons 1st phone. Hes got an A20e. The location setting in the family link app is on but the location on the phone will not turn on, it pops up with a message saying " Action not allowed - you do not have permission to perform this action. Contact your organisations administrator". Can someone please explain whether that's the actual phone or the app as the location was working on the app and phone up until now and we've had it 6 months. Thanks! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dani210
Student
Options
I uninstalled the family link on my sons device and reinstalled it, seems to have worked. I think it may have been due to the update too. Hope this will.solve your issue too

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Dave321
Student
Options

We have the same issue here.   Samsung A20 with family link installed.  Was working yesterday.  He upgraded to android 10 today and location says it needs admin to enable, even though it is enabled.

0 Likes
Solution
Dani210
Student
Options
I uninstalled the family link on my sons device and reinstalled it, seems to have worked. I think it may have been due to the update too. Hope this will.solve your issue too
Dave321
Student
Options

Sure did!  thanks for your help.  Removed family link from the family link app.  Then uninstalled family link.   Then went to play store to reinstall, which made us log in again.  All good now! 

Hjx
Student
Options
Thanks Dani. Works for me too
0 Likes
Niels8
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem but I cannot find how to remove and reinstall the app on my son's phone.

I removed the app on my own phone but this was not helpfull. Can you help me on this? Thx

0 Likes