Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat messaging

(Topic created on: 16-07-2019 04:23 PM)
SoftwareUpdate
Explorer
Options

Hi all, just got a samsung A50, lovely phone but cannot access the chat message service whereby a notification appears next to text message when delivered and also when read.  I've been onto Samsung and was give 2 separate support time slots but nothing. Vodafone cannot help, local staff in Vodafone store cannot help either. It only a small problem but getting more and more annoying. 

Any of you got any ideas which can help?

Thanks

Sean. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
SoftwareUpdate
Explorer
Options

Hi all, just had a dial-in support call with a samsung member,  reason for call was the "Chat messsge" service is not active on my new A50,I also have an A5 which has same chat service and is working perfect. He then told me that the "chat message" service  is not available on my A50 and will eventually disappear and be replace by SMS/MMS.  Honestly, I nearly fell off my chair with shock, what a step backward this is. 

Has anybody else come across this and what are the thoughts of the group? 

Thanks for reading this

Sean 

0 Likes
SoftwareUpdate
Explorer
Options

20190716_143747.jpg

0 Likes
SoftwareUpdate
Explorer
Options
Above relates to chat messaging on Samsung stock app with software 9.0
0 Likes
naz24
Apprentice
Options
Good morning
I have a Samsung galaxy s20 5g, I had the chat feature available, I have been trying for weeks to resolve this with no joy, I've been in touch with samsung, the operator could answer my question
0 Likes