Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging without fast charge

(Topic created on: 26-01-2020 01:42 PM)
Sherry-Gh
Student
Options

Hello, lately I bought a50 and first time I charged the phone , it didn't take time because it was set on fast charging mode.

When I turned it off since it says it causes phone heating , it took between 9 to 11 hours to charge . Is that normal ?

I thought it might be something wrong with my home cable (not phone's) . I changed to another one and yet same issue. Highly need profeasional advice and appreciate it.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
9 to 11 hours for not fast charging is in my opinion extremely long, 2 hours would be more realistic. Do you by a chance use the official charger? If not, I highly recommend trying to reproduce it with the official one.
0 Likes
Sherry-Gh
Student
Options

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I use the phone's official charger. I read that fast charging is the one that takes 2 hours max. But couldn't find any official info about charging hours when turning off the fast charge option at all. That's why I was seeking a samsung expert employee to answer me in this forum. Hopefully I am in the right place.

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
They will probably answer in time :smiling-face: That said, 9 hours is extremely long and the recommendation would most likely to bring your phone to a Samsung Service Point because its most likely broken.

That said, with issues with batteries I would not take any risk and recommend to do that as quick as possible. You can find the methods to request a repair on this page:
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/mobile-device/

If your phone is still covered under the warranty this will be free of charge :smiling-face:
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Sherry-Gh wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I use the phone's official charger. I read that fast charging is the one that takes 2 hours max. But couldn't find any official info about charging hours when turning off the fast charge option at all. That's why I was seeking a samsung expert employee to answer me in this forum. Hopefully I am in the right place.

When I got my first new S9 in october I had problems charging. I discovered that the charger was faulty and only worked in fast charging mode. I suggest you get yourself another charger, both modes should work, and I would agree with @SjorsK that a normal charge should take 2h or so.